People who say they aren't losing weight

Options
It bothers me pretty bad when people are like "oh im not losing weight" or "oh im gaining weight" when they eat a large amount of calories day in and day out. and then people are like oh you arent eating enough. this makes no sense. people eat so much on here and most of it isnt good for you. then they dont exercise. absolutely ridiculous its not necessary to eat 1200 calories. especially if you AREN'T exercising.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Wait...you think 1200 calories is a lot? You're seriously making me LMFAO...and yes, the vast majority of people need more than 1200 calories. Take your pro-ana bull**** elsewhere.

If people aren't losing on 1200 calories then they need to see a doctor...but really, they probably just need to get a food scale and start weighing and measuring their foods because they're likely eating more than they think they are.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Wait...you think 1200 calories is a lot? You're seriously making me LMFAO...and yes, the vast majority of people need more than 1200 calories. Take your pro-ana bull**** elsewhere.

If people aren't losing on 1200 calories then they need to see a doctor...but really, they probably just need to get a food scale and start weighing and measuring their foods because they're likely eating more than they think they are.

amen.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    The 'I'm eating 500-1200 cal a day' range folks who say they can't lose weight make me facepalm pretty hard.

Losing weight has been just about as easy as gaining it. Weigh your food and eat in a calorie deficit = weight loss.
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    S'ok. If she keeps going she'll get her *kitten* banned.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

/Thread.

Rigger
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Would calling someone an idiot get me a strike?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

I believe so, yes.
  • Alyssawinter1221
    Options
    Not bashing on you, don't want to be mean. But if you think it is healthy to eat less than 1200 calories... You might need to seek professional counseling. I think you might be forgetting that your body burns calories just to live everyday. I would go out on a limb and say that 1200 is eating at a deficit for anyone.. A large enough deficit to lose weight.

Best of luck to you.
  • nurssassy
    nurssassy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Make an appointment with a registered dietician and learn how very flawed your thought process is on this matter before you cause permanent damage to your body.
  • chapklc
    chapklc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    people say things just a get a rise, right? seriously?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Likely. Also likely she'll get one for promoting VLCDs so not really worth it imo.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the absolute bare minimum people should be eating. 1200 calories is NOTHING. In fact, most people can eat well above 1200 calories and still lose weight.

Please research TDEE. That should give you some insight. If it doesn't, I sincerely think you need psychiatric or ED counseling.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You get three of them. Sometimes things need to be said.
  • JengaJess
    JengaJess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    absolutely ridiculous its not necessary to eat 1200 calories.

first of all, it's pretty necessary.
    second of all, perhaps i could lose weight if i was eating 1200 calories... but I can also lose weight eating 1,700. and i'm a whole lot happier, energized and stronger now that i'm doing that.

please, take some time to learn a little bit more about your body and how it works.
  • luvclay10
    luvclay10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am a 55 year old vegetarian who has eaten healthy for may years, I never had a weight issue till i quite smoking, I then gained 30 lbs, I am in sales and run all over the NYC all day 6 days a week, that includes traveling by train all day to see clients. I also go to the gym 3 days a week, I started to weigh and measure all my foods, kept my few cocktails contained to one or two a week and stuck to 1500 calories, I never lost one lb!
    I went to a nutritions that read my food diaries and was amazed at how clean i eat, she then took me down to 800 calories and i have finally been losing weight. I do believe under a doctors care its not a bad thing for everyone
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Question: Why does the MFP tell me my goal is to consume 1200 cal/day?
    I put in my actual height and current weight, and my sedentary lifestyle, and plan to exercise 45min /7days, my desire to lose 2lbs/wk and it sets the goal at 1200.
    Just wondering, why does it do this? I am saying, 2lb is supposed to be a healthy rate of loss. So why?
    Thanks for any responses.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    It bothers me pretty bad when people are like "oh im not losing weight" or "oh im gaining weight" when they eat a large amount of calories day in and day out. and then people are like oh you arent eating enough. this makes no sense. people eat so much on here and most of it isnt good for you. then they dont exercise. absolutely ridiculous its not necessary to eat 1200 calories. especially if you AREN'T exercising.

tumblr_inline_n0vhkdsxUS1qafrh6.gif
This discussion has been closed.