Lower Body Lifting

Options
Looking for some new lower body exercises to mix up my workout. Any suggestions? Especially from ladies!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts :flowerforyou:
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My leg day always starts with heavy back squats.
    Then front squats and RDL. Then i either do BB reverse lunges or the leg press machine.
    I've been meaning to add back in some BB hip thrusts too.

I do the BB back squats in the strength range 4x3-5 reps.
    Everything else is 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    If you're used to doing squats and deadlifts, lunges and split squats make a nice change. BB glute bridges and hip raises are good too (google Bret contradas, if you've not heard of them). Also, good mornings, give a nice wee burn if you've not done them for a while.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    My favorite slightly less common leg exercises:

One-legged deadlifts (improves your balance and core)
    Sumo or wide-stance squats
    Side lunges
    Normal lunges - short steps work your quads, long steps work your glutes and hamstrings. Try doing the opposite of what you've been doing
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Squats, both front and back, deadlifts, calf raises and box jumps.

Rigger
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I do back squats, front squats or curtsy squats, deadlifts, straight leg deadlifts, calf raises, weighted step ups, weighted donkey kicks and sometimes glute bridges.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I do back squats, front squats or curtsy squats, deadlifts, straight leg deadlifts, calf raises, weighted step ups, weighted donkey kicks and sometimes glute bridges.

Her donkey kicks are spectacular
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Her donkey kicks are spectacular

Lol, do you remember the pic I posted doing them with a kettlebell jammed on my foot!?