Is this a bad way to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    If it's working for you, why is this a problem?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    well it's not a bad way to lose weight...but not necessary the healthiest way...
    What I mean is..depending on what you're eating..yes you will lose weight but you could lack some major vitamins and essential stuff your body needs in the long run. Not saying you are but...There's some important stuff .... like having some basic fruits and veggies,fiber,calcium etc... they are very important.

If what you eat includes all these thing etc... well yea! all good :)

Just saying...
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I just try to hit or come near my proteins. No way Ill be able to hit my macros for life so protein is what I try and hit for muscle sake and its working just fine for me and my body composition.

Edit. Then again I naturally eat pretty good and not into junk food so in my case I do not really indulge too much what people consider "bad foods" or foods with little nutrient value.
  • CiCi924
    Options
    This is basically how I do it; as a busy college student with limited cooking facilities it's hard to find the time/tools to always cook healthy meals. We eat out a lot, but my boyfriend and I are both using MFP and if we splurge a little on lunch we make sure and log it and don't eat as much the rest of the day. As long as we log everything, are aware of what we eat, and don't go over, we usually don't care too much what it is. We usually at least pay attention to how much of what we eat is fat, carbs, protein etc and try and stay under, but if we go over on those, it's not the end of the world.

So far, it's worked for both of us, and we'll definitely pay more attention as we get closer to our goals but for now, just do what works for you!
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That's a great beginning! I did that at first. I've had kind of a three step process evolve since I started. At first I just counted calories. After three months of that, I added exercise. After three months of calorie counting with exercise, I started paying attention to how much fat and protein and carbohydrates I was getting. After doing that for three months, I started trying to improve the quality of my food choices. It's a process. I think you're doing wonderfully.