Peanut Butter Smoothie

Options
Clew
Clew Posts: 910 Member
I just threw this together today and it was awesome

1 cup of light soymilk
1 scoop of vanilla whey proten
a blob of peanut butter (I'm guessing I used about 1-1/2 tb)
*OR*
PB2 powder if you have it - it cuts down the calories a lot
about half a banana's worth of frozen banana chunks.

Blend until smooth - the frozen banana thickens it up nice and the banana flavor isn't too pronounced. Tastes a LOT like peanut butter ice cream. Mmm!

Calorie content will vary depending on what you use but mine worked out to be in the 350-375 range (I used real peanut butter, not PB2). Kind of high but okay if you're using it for a meal replacement or if you have a good workout that day.

Hope you guys enjoy! :happy:

Replies

• sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great idea! thanks!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I make mine with 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein, a little skim milk, a scoop of fat free frozen yogurt and about a tbs of PB. Satisfies my PB fix.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    The Body Fortress website has a lot of great smoothie recipes. The Apple Pie is awesome.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks Clew. Sounds very yummy!
  • maprotano
    Options
    Thanks for the link to this smoothie! What is "PB2" and where would I get this? :happy:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    The Body Fortress website has a lot of great smoothie recipes. The Apple Pie is awesome.

Thanks! I'm going to check this out. After having a yucky experience with protein powder 2 years ago I almost never bought again. Then I found Body Fortress (mmm chocolate for me) about 6 months ago at Walmart, soooooooooooo cheap $19 (cheapest I found before was $34) and now its half price $9.95 for all my fellow Torontonians ;)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Bah, there’s $1 off coupon on the Body Fortress website I didn’t notice!!!

Oh well for me (the return lines at Walmart’s are disastrous so I won’t bother on my $9 super cheap purchase) but for the rest of you (both Canadians and Americans it is valid)

http://www.bodyfortress.com/pages/coupon_signup.aspx
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Clew, I think I love you! This sounds right up my alley - AND, I have everything I need. (Including the willpower to wait until tomorrow to try this. ) ;)
  • coypelican
    Options
    :happy: Sounds very very very good!!!
  • runnerBee
    Options
    Bump
  • michellewa
    michellewa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can always add instant SF/FF pudding powder, flavor of your choice (I like cheesecake) for extra creaminess and sweetness.:blushing:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    The cheesecake pudding idea might put me over the edge. Into Heaven. :)

I tried it today (the original recipe - but almond milk vs soy) and it was SOOOOOOO good! I convinced myself I was slurping a melty DQ blizzard. :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Edit - double. Sorry.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ummm i dont treat myself very often but i just might try that one i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE peanut butter