Peanut butter banana 'shake'..

asdfghjklmno
asdfghjklmno Posts: 17
edited September 21 in Recipes
If anyone cares, I figured I'd share this. It's obviously not very complex. I made this for lunch today because I was craving peanut butter and I decided to make a 'shake', sort of. It's actually not too bad, despite what people may think. Around 250-300 calories. I count it as a meal.

1 cup Silk Almond Milk Original(60 calories)(or any almond milk brand would work)
1 cup water(, or not if you wouldn't prefer! If you like thicker, then use less. I did it to have a larger quantity. (0 calories, obviously)
1/2 cup ice cubes or to your preference(0 calories, obviously)
1 tablespoon peanut butter(more or less)(95 calories for my brand, skippy)
1 large banana(more or less)(121 calories)
Blend together!

I honestly think it's really good. Obviously take out or add other things you would rather prefer. For me it wasn't so horrible to have this for only around 300 calories. :)

Replies

• I make a similar one quite often which has:

1 cup lowfat milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 frozen banana, chopped up
    1 tbs peanut butter

Very easy, just blend in blender, and very satisfying and healthy!
  • Try adding some spinach to that to give you the extra vitamins, but you won't taste a thing. :) It's delicious!!
  • yum! thanks girl!
  • Try adding some spinach to that to give you the extra vitamins, but you won't taste a thing. :) It's delicious!!

Yes - spinach in smoothies is great! And it's true that you can't taste it!
    I make one with banana and peanut butter too, but also add spinach, vanilla protein powder (chocolate would be nice too), and some frozen blueberries. It's about 280 - 300 cals and fills me up until morning tea time.
  • You guys are right! I should add spinach, I didn't have any around today. ^_^
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    now would u suggest this pre or post gym workout?
  • I really don't know. I'd say it doesn't matter. If you have it before, you work out and burn those(or some) of the calories. If you workout first and then drink it, you're pretty much just making up for the(or some) of the calories you burned while exercising. I've heard you should drink smoothies before a workout, but that's because of the fruit. It gives you energy. So I don't know. I'm sorry!
  • I would post work out, within 45 minutes of the workout.
This discussion has been closed.