What are some of your all time favourite healthy meals and s

mrslaxton
mrslaxton Posts: 23 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I'm doing my meal planning tonight for the coming week and I was hoping that my fitness pals could give me some good ideas. I'm having a hard time coming up with meals and snacks that are healthy and tasty.
Thanks so much in advance!!

Replies

• peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    My husband and I grill almost all of our food. My favorite, and what I have probably a few times a week is, Lemon Pepper Chicken, Shrimp, and Zuchinni and Squash on the grill. I just dont ever get sick of it, and it's it's all so healthy and low in calories, and low in just about everything else too!
  • recipe please !!!!!!

A
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Not too much of a recipe, so easy! I use the Perdue Perfect Portions chicken breast, Fresh uncooked shrimp, slice the zucchini and squash about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. I use Bertolli Light Olive Oil and lightly brush all of the above, sprinkle some Lawrys Lemon Pepper on them all and throw on the grill. Dinner in like 15 minutes. We put the shrimp on skewers, its alot easier that way.

We also make kabobs with them too, cut chunks of chicken breast, and the zucchini and squash you cut the round way this time, and do like 1 chunk of chicken and then 2 or 3 veggies, and repeat til the stick is full.

Grill temp is about 500 degrees, just keep checking until all is cooked to your liking. Vegetables and shrimp are done pretty quick.
  • Ok,you asked for it!!

Grilled chicken shishkebobs with (red, orange, yellow, green) peppers, red onions and veggie shiskebobs with corn on cob, zuchini (greeen and yellow), red onions, and add whatever vegggie you like. brush ALL with olive oil and add herbs (herbs de provence...YUM). (notice - NO CARBS after lunch!)

Quinoa...love the red organic, but white works too. I boil it in a vegetable stock, a chichen stock or with fresh rosemary. I add...go nuts here, grated carrot, beet, chopped peppers (the more colours the better), black beans (canned) chick peas (canned) artichoke hearts and toss in (a little oilve oil and apple cider vinegar to serve cold as a salad) or chicken and moderate amount of peanut sauce (served warm). Quinoa is full of protein and is a super food (google it:love: ). and the recipes are endless. It is filling and you dont need much!

Spinach salad with seared tuna and rasted pine nuts, or without tuna use berries, a vinegarette and red onions.

Portobello mushroom 'pizzas' take off stem, place top down on baking sheet and load up with whatever...spinach, feta cheese, garlic, bit of olive oil...yum yum yum!!!

The best part is a lot of the veggies can be chopped up the next morning and thrown into an egg white omlet (I use one yolk) and have whole grain toast and almond butter (OH YEAH! Almond butter and apple, yummy snack!!)

I could go on... :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.