Measurements verses weight loss

Options
Everyone seems to say, take measurements, you'll see a difference there before the scale. Well, I have the exact opposite problem. I have lost 20 pounds according to the scale-and the fit of my clothes, but my measurements have barely changed at all. Why? I'm happy I've lost 20 pounds and will continue to do what I'm doing, but I'm just wondering why my measurements don't seem to be dropping.

Replies

• KLaurean
    Options
    Is it possible that you're losing a bunch of water weight?
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how many spots you are measuring. I know my neck, waist and calves haven't been changing (if at all), but my chest, bust, baby pooch, thighs and hips have all been changing a lot, with the most coming off my thighs.

It also depends on what type of exercises you are doing on how much they may change.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i really didn't see a dramatic clothes size difference until i hit over 30 lbs. there were inches here and there in my 20's but for me it was going over the 30's when it finally kicked in. too bad my budget has shrunk too. lol
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to check your shoe size, ring size, joints etc. You might not notice a loss from your hands/feet/face/wrists/ankles/knees as easily as you notice it elsewhere. And don't forget to look behind! :wink:
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    If you've lost "according to the fit of your clothes" then your measurements have changed. You might have pulled the tape a little tighter the first time, or are leaving it a bit looser, so you're not seeing it right now, but they have changed. You said yourself you can feel it, so either come up with a more consistent way to measure yourself, or forget about it and just feel good. :-)