What type am I?

Options
So first of all, I appologize if my English is bad, I'm from Croatia, and I'm happy to be part of this strong community. I've been reading these threads for days now...and I joined like 5 days ago, although I've been working on my weight loss since November and lost 10 kg (dunno how much lbs is that :P) and need to do 10 more...so, I work in office 8 hours but every day when I come home I exercise with Fitnessblender (mostly cardio), except Friday that's my day off. Decided to join u guys cause your stories are true inspiration, and I have more motivation now than ever :)
Soo...my question is....should I leave sedentary type (cause I am in that position most time of the day) or should I be lightly or even moderately active since I workout 6x a week for at least 30 minutes?

Of course now in this "sedentary mode" I log in my exercises, but if I switch to active I don't log them?

Thanks for answers...and once again....sorry if my English is bad, been awhile since I've learned it in school :P

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed that you log exercise. If you pick a different activity level it will not raise your calories by as much as other sites, as MFP thinks that is lifestyle. MFP will never include exercise in your activity level. The multipliers MFP uses for Active and very active are smaller than those used on TDEE calculators that do include exercise as part of activity level.
  • Tiny_Zg
    Tiny_Zg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    MFP is designed that you log exercise. If you pick a different activity level it will not raise your calories by as much as other sites, as MFP thinks that is lifestyle. MFP will never include exercise in your activity level. The multipliers MFP uses for Active and very active are smaller than those used on TDEE calculators that do include exercise as part of activity level.

So, the answer to my question is...? Should I be changing my "active status" or leave it sedentary although I workout every day?
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    So first of all, I appologize if my English is bad, I'm from Croatia, and I'm happy to be part of this strong community. I've been reading these threads for days now...and I joined like 5 days ago, although I've been working on my weight loss since November and lost 10 kg (dunno how much lbs is that :P) and need to do 10 more...so, I work in office 8 hours but every day when I come home I exercise with Fitnessblender (mostly cardio), except Friday that's my day off. Decided to join u guys cause your stories are true inspiration, and I have more motivation now than ever :)
    Soo...my question is....should I leave sedentary type (cause I am in that position most time of the day) or should I be lightly or even moderately active since I workout 6x a week for at least 30 minutes?

Of course now in this "sedentary mode" I log in my exercises, but if I switch to active I don't log them?

Thanks for answers...and once again....sorry if my English is bad, been awhile since I've learned it in school :P

Your English is fine! Yes, due to your desk job of 8 hours a day leave your proflie set on "sedentary". One is not supposed to include their exercise when choosing which "type". If you had a job where you were on your feet all day doing manual labor, then you would select "active". Unless you are jumping up and down 20 times a minute at your desk, running to the office down the hall, carrying boxes back and forth, sweating and dealing with all the physical work involved - keep it at "sedentary".
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

So, the answer to my question is...? Should I be changing my "active status" or leave it sedentary although I workout every day?

Leave it as sedentary and log your exercise if you are letting MFP pick your caloric intake