The Story of the Traveling Pants

Options
(In my world) Today is Traveling Pants Tuesday!! Many many years ago I went to wally world and they were having their cheap sale. I purchased a pair of nice dressy pants, for probably $5 if I'm not mistaken, and it said it was a size 9 :noway: They were going to be my "goal" pants. :) Wellllllllll I got home and they only went as far as my knees :laugh: it was obvious that the number was upside down (size 6 :huh: ) So I thought to myself and said "Self, you can fit into them by the time school starts back up again in Aug." (Have you ever set a goal and had NO IDEA how long that goal was going to take you?? :ohwell: ) The start of the school year came and went and nothing :angry: The start of the next school year came and went and nothing :explode:... :mad:... :grumble: ... I'm going to fast forward to speed up this process :wink: Every time I tried on those pants they moved up, they went from my knees, lower thighs, mid thighs, upper thighs, took a LONG TIME to get over my assets ;), then when it FINALLY got over it couldn't fasten :laugh: :laugh: and then BAM!!! It was able to fasten but it was tight :sad: During this whole time my husband was like "Baby I will buy you another pair" :blushing: and I said NO! I was determined to get into them bc I did see progress. It took FOUR AND A HALF YEARS for me to get into those pants :drinker: The moral of this story is patience. :bigsmile: Could I have done this faster? Probably but why I want to make sure The D.O.F. never comes back. :happy: Besides the adventure of the traveling pants wouldn't have been as much fun. Be patient guys, everything worth while is worth waiting for so go find your traveling pants. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Not sure what this 'patience' word you speak of means, though. :laugh:
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    The moral? Never give up.

I don't have the "travelling pants" but time served but not enough, just yet.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Awesome. I have a pair hanging in my closet, I try them on occasionally, they go up a little further, I am not there yet, but I plan to be!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I love your story of your traveling pants!
  • 82jeh
    82jeh Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Good story!! And congratulations!! :D
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Not sure what this 'patience' word you speak of means, though. :laugh:
    :laugh: believe me I'm with you :wink:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    The moral? Never give up.

I don't have the "travelling pants" but time served but not enough, just yet.
    EXACTLY!! Never Give Up!! Never Surrender!! is my motto :bigsmile:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Awesome. I have a pair hanging in my closet, I try them on occasionally, they go up a little further, I am not there yet, but I plan to be!

That's the way to think of it :wink: we are a work in progress.
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I love your story of your traveling pants!
    Thank you :happy:
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Good story!! And congratulations!! :D

• Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Great story!! I have a pair of HOT PINK pants that fit before I got pregnant with baby # 5 and now my goal is to get back into them. I'm hoping it will be this summer, but the reminder to be patient is great. ( Oh and I'm in my 30's I just liked those pants and got them on a whim, but dang now I have them they are bright enough to see everytime I open the drawer so make a good visual of what size I want to be.
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Love it! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • RockingGranny
    RockingGranny Posts: 64 Member
    Options

This!!!!
  • Jovette42
    Options
    Great story!! I have a pair of HOT PINK pants that fit before I got pregnant with baby # 5 and now my goal is to get back into them. I'm hoping it will be this summer, but the reminder to be patient is great. ( Oh and I'm in my 30's I just liked those pants and got them on a whim, but dang now I have them they are bright enough to see everytime I open the drawer so make a good visual of what size I want to be.

YES hot pink won't make you forget why you are doing this :laugh:
  • Jovette42
    Options
  • Jovette42
    Options

This!!!!

• elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love the movie, haha!
    But, I sure love your story too.
  • Jovette42
    Options
    I love the movie, haha!
    But, I sure love your story too.
    :laugh: thanks
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Love your story, it was very enlightening and so true. Make sure you keep those pants as a reminder of where you came from and how you got there.
  • Smiles1952
    Smiles1952 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great story and motivation.