New, motivated, and looking for friends/support.

Options
Hi, my name is Lesley :)

I'm 31 (32 in April, if that makes a difference, lol) and weigh 196. I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is somewhere between 120-125, which is what I used to be before a 70lb gain due to antidepressants over the last year or so. I am looking for someone to check in with daily (or multiple times daily), to hold me accountable and motivate me. In return, I will do the same :)

I will be mixing cardio (hopefully 10K training and definitely some dance/aerobics/etc), weight training, and want to try yoga, as well as healthy eating.

I posted in the "Twins" thread but that is a pretty long one, so I decided I would crosspost here for more visibility :)

Replies

• susanluvscheese
    susanluvscheese Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be your friend (and anyone else's for that matter!) I'm Susan, 31, mother of one, middle school teacher, and nearly at my goal weight. I've been on MFP for 950 days in a row, so I'm definitely here for you!!
    I do what I can when I can with my work schedule and hubby's but eat healthy as possible. I have to get up at 4 AM to fit a workout in before school and that's my biggest struggle! Welcome and good luck!! :)
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am on daily and am very motivated. I will be happy to be your friend and will be happy to reach out to you as needed. Friend request sent
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I am always around for support if you want add me... I have come a long way and would like to pay it forward...
  • RockStarlaa
    RockStarlaa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm 31, mother of 2. I'm 5'7" and currently 250. Goal is 150. I too gained a lot of weight due to depression/antidepressants. I was 130 when I met my husband 12 years ago and weight has been a constant battle for at least 11 of those 12 years. I love encouraging and getting encouragement :)

I started MFP about a month ago. I'd used it in the past but never stuck with it. I'm really motivated to lose this weight now.

I started with just diet and I'm slowly trying to add in exercise. I have a lot of lower body joint pain and I have asthma... so I'm trying to build my stamina. Right now my goal is 30 mins walking a day. We have a bowflex at home so I'm looking forward to getting started with some strength training soon.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I log in daily and am always looking for new pals. feel free to add me
  • MrsFlint2013
    MrsFlint2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Have 100+ to lose and both hubby and I are in this together.

I'm 30, by the way. Dr said if I didn't lose the weight, the health problems I'm having would kill me within 5 years. Hubby and I would like a few more years together. ;)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    hey all feel free to add me if you want..i am here daily..and be happy to motivate or especially chat if you want.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome, feel free to add me! I track daily and could always use more mutual support!