Changing Your Activity Level

Options
At what point would exercise become routine enough to change my activity level from sedentary to light?

I work a desk job and currently work out 4 days a week. I'm set at sedentary. I don't imagine I will be changing that anytime soon, but is there a point when that exercise becomes so routine I would want to change my activity level to accommodate that as a normal part of my day and not extra?

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    At what point would exercise become routine enough to change my activity level from sedentary to light?

I work a desk job and currently work out 4 days a week. I'm set at sedentary. I don't imagine I will be changing that anytime soon, but is there a point when that exercise becomes so routine I would want to change my activity level to accommodate that as a normal part of my day and not extra?

You should not confuse your exercise with the activity level as MFP asks you to not include that. So sedentary would be and should remain your activity level as you will want to maintain an eventual targeted weight. The exercise will continue, but the daily calories adjusts to show your caloric needs for that day based on the amount of exercise you do. You could experiment with another level, but watch the weight closely to see if bumping it up throws things off or not.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I work a desk job, my activity level is sedentary, and I add in that I work out 5 days/week for 60 minutes. The system will take that into account when calculating your goals.