Can we talk shoes?

Options
I have been wearing Saucony running shoes for years. I don't run. I realized that they just aren't right for my Zumba, Body Pump, and stair routine. I purchased the New Balance 813v2 cross trainer. They seem really comfortable but they are a bit higher around the ankle (which I feel I need more ankle support) but they feel like they may cause blisters. My boss taught me how to tie them "bunny ears" so they slide less. Does anyone have any advice on this? Do some shoes feel one way at first but then you get used to them? Sorry if this sounds dumb, like I said I have worn the same shoes for a very long time now. TIA.

Replies

• VaingloriousVictoria
    Options
    I love my Asics. I feel like they are a good running/multi purpose shoe. I used to wear New Balance as a teen, but IMO, they are not as comfortable on my arch.

Usually after a few weeks/month, you will have broken in your shoes, so maybe they will feel better then. If not, some stores will custom fit shoes to your specific size. I hope this helps!
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Ya I need to visit our Road Runner store for sure. They fit you. :)
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm such a pateint person lol. After wearing them this morning, I feel like they're being broken in. :)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Ya I need to visit our Road Runner store for sure. They fit you. :)

I was a bit skeptical about the whole fitting process, and during the process they also custom create insoles for you. The insoles run like $70 - seriously - which they won't mention until you decide you may want them! Then they have you try on multiple shoes, both with and without the custom insoles.

Well, after the whole rigamarole and experience in a pair of shoes they helped me select, I am sold on the process. I have had foot troubles from time to time, and the pair of shoes I selected - with my ridiculously overpriced insoles - have been fantastic for all sorts of activities over the last 6 months. Felt I overpaid but at the same time, I haven't had a better set of workout shoes before. I will go back when I wring the last out of my current pair.