How Have Your Taste Buds Surprised You?

Options
My taste buds have been turning themselves inside out lately. I'm eating stuff I never thought I could stand, let alone crave and love. The biggest surprise I've had since I started eating right, is my new tolerance and craving for seafood. I even eat it without drowning it in creamy sauce!

So what about you? How have your taste buds changed since you started eating right? What new foods have you discovered you love, that you never knew you loved before?

Replies

• bgates0913
    Options
    I'm starting to really enjoy asparagus!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I hate spicy food and now I am addicted to almost anything Chile & Lime! Yum - can't get enough of it!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Veggieburgers. I hate vegetables, figured I'd never like them. I found out recently I do!
  • crazybxrmom
    crazybxrmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Apples...I used to eat them on occasion but really didnt like them, have recently figured out it was because they were so sweet, and on top of all the other crap food I used to eat it was too much, now I prefer an apple over candy any day...especially Jazz apples!!!!!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Anything sweet - I made apple crumble the other night and didn't put any sugar in it all. I didn't notice because the natural sweetness was enough for me! xxx
  • Mangoose
    Options
    Anything sweet - I made apple crumble the other night and didn't put any sugar in it all. I didn't notice because the natural sweetness was enough for me! xxx

My lady made an apple crumble last week, just the apple and the breadcrumbs. After I scoffed it down, I said 'And that's why I love you!'. She's the best :D
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Spicy food is also something I've been luvin' more and more.

I'm not there yet on the veggie burgers. They remind me of really terrible meatloaf, not like a burger at all. Maybe later?

That apple and breadcrumbs thing sounds like something I need to try!
  • superwmn
    Options
    Black coffee. I NEVER thought I'd be able to take my coffee without cream and sugar but I was soooooooooo over counting the cream and sugar calories. Once I tried black coffee there was no turning back. Sure, I prefer my coffee with cream and sugar, but even more preferable is being able to get my caffine fix without any added calories.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts

I roasted them w/ oil, salt, and pepper, and found I quite liked them prepared that way.