Girls how big are your calves

Options

Replies

• krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.5" (164), and my calves are 15.5". They're rather muscular, always have been. I chalk it up to playing soccer for so long.

The problem is I'm like all torso, with short legs. I have to wear short pants, inseam about 30". So my calves are very compact. Boots are almost an impossibility due to this fact alone.

I had one friend in college complement me on my calves once, it was not overly well received b/c I'm so body conscious as it is. I have definition in them, but I don't think they make shorts/skirts look good.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my calves are 16 inches. I've always had very shapely legs and like them quite a lot :)
  • jamiebxo
    jamiebxo Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm 5'2, my calves are 13". I don't really have a problem with mine, I've had a quite a few comments on how I have slim legs and I've never had problems with buying boots. The only problem I have is jeans/leggings/trousers being baggy around the calf, even skinny fit ones!
  • JennaNevada
    JennaNevada Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Mine are big, the 18-19" range. I'm not thrilled about them, but what are you gonna do? Hopefully they'll go down at least a little with the weight loss. Anything's possible. Except maybe knee-high boots.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    5'7"
    225lb
    17" calves.

Plus side: I can leg press 600lbs with my rockin', hella shapely legs that I'm desperately hoping won't go away with weight loss.
    Minus side: I can't wear cute knee-high boots and I HAVE A SAD.

(One reason I always chuckled at my BMI - yeah, I'm over 200lbs, but I'm pretty much solid muscle from the waist down.)
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    18 inch calves

I did sports though and dance and am a tomboy lol so I did mine to myself

As in pure muscle... they really pop in heels which i tend to wear ALL THE TIME and like 5inch plus heels lol.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    5'9" and 12.5" calves, but I have a very small frame
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    5'10", 14.75" calves
  • pankdrogger
    pankdrogger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    13.5". I'm small at 5'1'", so they look BIG on me, especially compared to my thighs (18.3") but I can't work them off because they're muscle. I'm glad they're muscular, but they're a bit hefty for my preferences, haha.

Miraculously I've found knee high boots that fit me! I'm confined strictly to the skinniest of jeans to fit into them though. :P
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    A little under 5'4" and mine are 14"

Edited: Typed 13" accidentally. Corrected for 14"
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    5'4 and 14" calves!
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    5'7 with 17.5's.. I love them!
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    5'0", 122 lbs, and 15" calves
    I have an ~28 in. inseam though so I'm stocky with 6.5 sized shoes. I used to have trouble finding boots when I was heavier. Now I just can't wear skinny pants and have to watch the length of dresses, skirts, and capris unless I want to look like a dwarven woman.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    5'7 13" calves 150 lbs
    Have always liked the size of my calves/thighs.
    But never really thought about it until this post.
    Like most of us, we concentrate on areas, we don't like.....
    And I guess I should thank my Mom. She has thin legs as well.
  • Britbail1
    Options
    Seems around 14 to 15 is average
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Idk. I have always been happy with my calves, so I have never measured them.
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    5'7" and my calves are 14.5" at the thickest. I've always liked my calves but thought they were disproportionate to how thick my thighs are (23.75").
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    my left one is 23 and my right is 19.
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mine are 14.25 inches at the thickest. I want them bigger (muscle-wise).
  • MizMiami305
    MizMiami305 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    5'4
    i love mine!