I gained

Options
1 kilo this week..is it too soon to change my plan... on the up side I did loose inches around my waist and hips. Also does that time of the month affect my weight .

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's too soon to change your plan. One week is nothing. Look more at trends, I'd wait at least a month. You LOST INCHES!! That is important. The scale is only ONE tool, use all the tools you can to measure progress. Losing inches is great, and means you ARE making progress. Yes, your cycle affects your weight. If it's during your cycle, I'd ignore the scale.
  • joabel68
    Options
    Thanks I guess Im in panic mode, ( loved seeing the wednesday morning loss) the scales are out the window this week, and the tape measure cant lie 4.5 inches is great. thanks for replying.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1 week is generally not enough time to determine whether or not something is working.

You don't make any mention of what your goal is or what you're actually doing. I ask because you posted this in the forum dedicated to those looking to gain weight but your ticker shows you're trying to lose.

Women tend to retain 3-5 pounds of water around their period, which can definitely mask whatever fat loss is happening. Some women may hold onto a little excess around ovulation, as well. Track it to see what your body does during different times of the month and wait it out when the water weight comes.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I do gain anywhere from 3 -5lbs when I am on my period so I try really hard to ignore the scale but about 4 days after -yes it stays for a little more than a week on me - 3 days before and about 3 days after .....then I usually ahve a good loss . :bigsmile:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    wait.

are you trying to LOSE weight or GAIN weight... because this is the GAINING section- meaning- we are trying to put it on- not tha tit happened oh crap now what section soooooo
    just to be clear

? is gaining your goal? or losing?

edit-1 week isn't enough to tell anything- I had to wait almost a month for some results to kick in.
  • joabel68
    Options
    opps sorry my mistake thought " gaining weight" was for those like me who had gained when they should be loosing. I shall move along.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    no worries- it happens occasionally- you'll just get a better turn out of responses from the other sections :)

although the answers will be roughly the same
    > eat a deficit
    > Be meticulous- not obsessive in your tracking
    > Move more
    > Keep on keeping on- it's a slow process.

:) and don't give up!!!
  • allysteven880
    Options
    don't worry. if you want to lose it. go in a natural way. you will definitely hit your target.