Plateau? Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    So I'm not sure what's going on and I need help. I've been stuck at 137 for about 4 weeks (I bounce around 137-138 each day, never more than 139 never less than 137, mostly 137 though).

so you're not really stuck then, are you?

Um, I am.

I weigh myself every day because I like data. So 5 out of 7 days, I weigh 137.x lbs and 2 out of 7 days I weigh either 138.x or 139.x, usually those days are after a big work out where I can feel that my muscles are sore and repairing themselves, so I don't worry. But over the course of 4 weeks, the scale has been reading almost the same number every morning when I wake up.
  • LTKeegan
    Options
    Why are you set for sedentary if you are highly active and exercise regularly?

I'm really inconsistently active. Some days I work out 6-8 hours (climbing/hiking trips-- usually weekends) and some days I work out 3 hours, and then I have rest days.

So maybe I'm doing this wrong, and I'm open to suggestions, but it seemed to me on the days that I'm doing a climbing trip, where I'm burning 1200-1400 calories, I should eat a LOT more than the rest days. And I'm a grad student so not like a waitress or construction worker or whatever so I didn't want to over eat on those days.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Ever consider that maybe your body fat % has gone down? Just got my body fat # checked out this morning, I was pleasantly surprised! I just know I get crazy frustrated with the scale because my weight is not like my friends'... and I have to remind myself that I have a lot more muscle and also am taller than the average girl.

http://www.bodyfattest.com/

If I'm eating at a deficit and therefore not able to build muscle, I'm not sure how my % body fat can go down without losing weight. Also, my measurements haven't changed in the last two weeks.

This is my biggest confusion. Because I would think that yes, my %body fat is changing, because I'm noticing a physical difference in my legs, but no numbers are changing (weight, measuremtns) so I'm not sure how this can be happening.

HOW AM I "TONING" WHEN TONING ISN'T A REAL THING!?! I'M SO CONFUSED AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY BODY RIGHT NOW!

You can reduce body fat without your weight going down.

But I have to replace it with muscle to get my weight to not go down and I thought you can't build muscle on a deficit. This is my confusion.

Here is one example of someone who reduced body fat but ended up nearly the same weight:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/709987-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics

There are a lot of other women here who have as well, this is the only one that I could think of her name to search for the story though.
  • LTKeegan
    Options
    Edit.

Ok. so I've been doing some non MFP research and I think that I might actually be building muscle/losing fat at the same rate. And I'm okay with this.
  • LTKeegan
    Options
    Evidently posting was the key ;-) I'm down a pound from yesterday morning.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!