i JUST ATE AN ENTIRE PIZZA WHAT NOW??

Options

Replies

• Noflexing
    Noflexing Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i think its funny that you're terrified of days like that from happening. That happens to anyone and more than once.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I was doing really well but today I ATE AN ENTIRE DOMINOES THIN CRUST PIZZA
    What do I do? I feel sick and awful and I hate myself HELP T.T
    log it in, and move on. you cant undo it. now you can start over tomorrow and up work on eating a lot healtier and make sure you drink water and exercise. hopefully you can at least maintain this week. its a learning experience. :flowerforyou:
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You'll live to tomorrow, which is a new day. Beating yourself up is counter-productive though. Do some cardio to make up for some of the excess and then do better tomorrow.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Do people really eat less than a whole pizza?
    We eat the whole thing here in Italy. They don't even sell slices :/
    I bet you didn't much harm. You might have exceeded your goal, depending on what your goal is, but it's nothing that can't be fixed.

the pizza's over here are bigger and have way more crap on them, Italian Pizzas are perfect for one person -the first time I had a pizza in Italy was in florence after sleeping off the jet lag and despite having had some amazing italian style ones here (Toronto has a huge Italian Population) it was a revelation . Damn now I want a good pizza

And OP Drink a ton of water, the 13-1500 calories the pizza amounts to can be dealt with over the week (a couple hundred calories extra exercise a day) and you can still hit your goal and not gain, the sodium will have you holding on to a couple of pounds though

Yeah, there's a lot of carbs in a whole pizza, but it's not that unhealthy after all.

Well, pizzas here are much more caloric, usually lots more stuff and cheese than the true Italian pizzas I've had. For example the extra large Round Table King Arthur's Supreme I had 3 slices left over for breakfast this morning, the whole pizza is 4,160 calories, so I try to eat no more than1/2 of that and still be satisfied per meal :) Dominos is the real shame part though...but less cals than that Round Table!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous posts. 1) Own what you did--log the calories 2) Get right back on the wagon tomorrow and don't look back 3) Next time you have a cheat meal, go for the good stuff! If you're gonna sin with food, make it memorable.
  • Bukovnik
    Bukovnik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I once split an 18" pizza with two other guys (all I had to eat for 3 days), but I did manage to down about 10 pitchers of beer over that same long weekend. Lost 3# in the process. However, I did have a 31" waist and 5% BF at the time. Good thing the beer was free to the Razorback football players, and friends - - - no matter the age! Life was great then! :-)
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! Use the next few days to balance out those calories. You will be fine!
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Smile!!! You just ate an entire pizza!!! Food is good! :flowerforyou:
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Get over it, what's done is done..
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options

Ohhhhh yummy, I had one on Friday night with a slice of garlic pizza and wedges.
    The reason you feel awful is because you are buying into the misconception that you have to live off lettuce to lose weight. You don't.
    What you do now is move on, log your pizza and now forget about it. Get off your bum and exercise.
    Just don't do it everyday.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    A whole pizza couldn't fit into my calories, so I can see the potential problem ;) But it's fine if it happens rarely. Think of Thanksgiving, etc. People occasionally eat a bunch of extra calories and do totally fine with losing weight. Don't hate yourself, because that can get into a nasty cycle.

I got into the can of peanuts without measuring the other day! That was pretty darned caloric and no surprise there. I don't know why I was so hungry, but meh. It doesn't happen often. It's all good. Move on.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    1 pizza won't make you fat, 1 salad won't make you thin. (Just don't make it a habit)

Well said :smile:
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has said, just forgive yourself, log the calories, and move on. Don't let this derail you from your goals.
  • MissB46
    MissB46 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    mmmmh I love Pizza :smile:

I think it happens to most of us...
  • andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I hope you enjoyed it. I would just enjoy it and then watch the next few days that I get the calorie intake in a way to compensate for it (mostly with walking more or eating stuff with less calories). But I'd never would let it make me feel bad, just because I ate something I enjoy. In my eyes, theres no point in that.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it and try to be more reasonable for the rest of the day. I don't eat entire pizzas anymore only because I get full half-way through and keep the other half for the next day (it also helps prevent me from eating it all ;) )

I'm not too worried because I eat about 1900 cals a day, and don't do that 1200 cal thing.

Like the others are saying, just pick up and move on tomorrow. It is a new day, don't get hung up on the one and don't go crazy out of your way to make up for it either. Only if you are doing something like that EVERY DAY is it going to affect the long term.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a high five? Hell I can't even eat a whole pizza. And yes, sorry you wasted some of those calories on Dominos.

Just go back to normal. Maybe reduce your calories by another 25% the next day, then back to your normal level of calories after that. ...and don't try to exercise yourself to death to"offset " it. You'll be fine.
  • ditzie2009
    ditzie2009 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm having pizza for lunch - and homemade one but I'd rather have a takeaway one! Mine comes in about 350 calories (I think!) 1 tortilla wrap, 5 tablespoons of passata, cheese, and then any toppings you want (I have ham and mushroom). Cook for 8 mins and voila!!! Damn now I'm hungry and I've got a while till lunch!

As everyone else has said it's not the end of the world. No one is perfect. Tomorrow is a new day - don't beat yourself up! Good luck

Edited as I had the calorie count wrong :-)
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day, don't stress it.

However, I didn't even think it was possible for a single person to consume an entire pizza.
  • hauhaut901
    hauhaut901 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your 2000 calories :D