wii fit

Options
im trying to exercise six days a week on my wii fit, but everytime I go on it I HAVE TO weigh!!

so I'm weighing six days a week, and its getting me down, ive put on 3lbs since yesterday, my boyfriend says its maybe just water weight or what ever but I was just wondering if you guys are using wii fit and are you weighing when you do it?

If that makes sense? :huh:

Replies

• Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as soon as a wake up, after using the bathroom before I eat anything. Then I go and eat a 200 calorie breakfast (if possible) and the workout.

2013645.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I only use the Wii Fit once or twice a week ( I also have Just Dance, which is major fun!!!), but I just click on the training and don't bother with the weigh in. I'm only weighing myself once a week too. If it's what you are using for your weigh-in, just do it once a week, otherwise you're likely to get disappointed with the fluctuating.
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning as soon as a wake up, after using the bathroom before I eat anything. Then I go and eat a 200 calorie breakfast

Me too!!!!

BUT I agree with Looby, if you don't WANT it every day then skip & go straight to the training:-)

Also, it isn't a fair reflection if it's different times of the day, different clothes, after food etc, etc,..... hence naked as above!!! :wink: :laugh:
  • handstand
    handstand Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go straight to training and only weigh once a month on the wii board and usually first thing before breakfast
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the scale for a couple of days! It always feels like a roller coaster ride otherwise! Your boyfriend is right, water fluctuation can go up and down as much as five pounds! Stick with the training part of wii fit not the weighing in part!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    True, you can go straight to training and not do a body test. However, I do the body test every time I work out. I only "count" my Friday weight, but I like keeping an eye on how my weight is going through the week.

L
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's a lot to weight yourself. Weight changes throught the day.
  • audiophile
    Options
    Don't get down about it! :) Like the others say, just stick to the training.

Also, my experience with the scales on Wii Fit have been pretty bad. It all depends on how you stand on it (some days it says I've lost 5 pounds, the next a stone and so on) so try and stick to real bathroom scales!
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    I use the Wii fit as well. I am not sure how accurate it is. But I am glad that it will show progress over time. I do the same morning Wii routine that you do.

BMW6Series
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily on wii fit and love it. I find it to be very accurate. I weigh myself in the exact same spot, wearing the exact same thing and around the same time of day. I also weigh before I have consumed anything and after using the bathroom. I have even tried to weigh myself 2 or 3 times just to see if it fluctuates and so far it hasn't.

If you don't like to weigh so often skip the body test and go right to training.
  • ChantelleSlight
    Options
    I want to get a Wii for the Wii Fit, how good is it for the fitness side of things??

Regards
    Chantelle
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I don't use the Wii Fit to exercise just to weigh. For exercise I use EA Sports Active. I LOVE it. I am just 2 days away from completing my first 6 week challenge. You can do a challenge, a preset workout or make your own up. I like targets, squash, step and bicep curls. There is a new one coming out in November that I cannot wait for. It has wireless motion controls, built in HRM and you can upload your results.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I used to do this. So I stopped using the Wii so much and use the treadmill more instead. My Wii is my only "scale" though, so I will go on it when I want to weigh in (and sometimes, even JUST to weigh myself and not to work out if I don't have time!). I did find that doing it everyday starts to get to you, so I stopped doing it. If you want to use the Wii still just skip to the training. I don't think I could resist, myself, so I do other things instead, lol.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I use the wii fit to weigh myself every day. I find it to be more accurate than my digital scale. Every morning before I eat, in the sme nightgown. I also don't deduct any lbs for my clothes. If I fluctuate up, I realize it is propably water retention or I have to just be more careful. I always go back down. I have a pattern, down, down, way down, then I creep back up for a bit, then down again to where I was before or lower.

Not sure why but it happens like this but I am still averaging two pounds per week.

I don't freak out if I fluctuate, I know it's normal day today. Now, if I went up up up up and not down. that calls for drastic measures. LOL

I just cant wait till it stops telling me Im obese. I would rather hear I'm overweight - not obese.

I used to excercise using the wii fit but stopped for walking instead but now am going back to the wii fit routine. I try to do one quick yoga stretch in the am (15 mins) and 10 or so mins of another in the afternoon and another yoga stretch and cool down in the evening gives me at least 30 - 45 mins.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I just cant wait till it stops telling me Im obese. I would rather hear I'm overweight - not obese.

LOL so true! In that little cutesy voice: "that's obese!!" Like oh, I didn't realize!!!! hahahahahaha

My next goal is set for the BMI that will make me overweight... I cannot WAIT to hear that and see my little Mii character looking less fat!! LOL :bigsmile:
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I love my wii Fit but I am the same as the poster once I'm on there for exercise and I only exercise on there and walking I cannot by pass the body test there is something built inside of me that says if your going to train your sure as hell going to weigh. I try so hard to bypass it and can't. I also get down when my weight goes up but its mostly becuase I weigh at different time of the day.
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    What are your favorite training games on the Wii? I personally like the Kung Fu, and the cycling. I know that I need to try more of the Yoga.
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

LOL so true! In that little cutesy voice: "that's obese!!" Like oh, I didn't realize!!!! hahahahahaha

My next goal is set for the BMI that will make me overweight... I cannot WAIT to hear that and see my little Mii character looking less fat!! LOL :bigsmile:

yeah i know i HATE HATE HATE that lol.. its like ok i knew i was obsese but when the little voie told me and it made my characters super duper fat it seriously made me depressed.....
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    I am looking forward to having a skinny Wii!
  • BMW6Series
    Options
    When I do weigh in, on the calendar I get different stamps. I stamp OK if I get a Wii age that is lower that my current age and a Clover if I lose weight and my wii age is lower. I want to be able to look at the calendar and quickly know how I am doing for the month.