C25k week 3, again...

Options
2»

Replies

• melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of c25k. I'm about 40 lbs overweight and new to this form of exercise.

For the running I increase my speed to 4.5 and for the walking 3.5. I am at a pace that I can do, that I won't give up.

And because I'm a newbie, I just really can't have any injuries or knee blowouts etc. so I read the info on this app on the c25k site and it says to go very slow and that you work on speed after.

That made sense to me! Keep at it, I'm with ya!
  • luciafernanda
    luciafernanda Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did week 3 twice, I only finally did week 4 for the first time yesterday. Like you I felt like I'd never get passed week 3...

I think I was trying to do too much and wasn't bothering with rest days properly. I took three days off and did week 4 yesterday. Maybe try giving yourself a longer break?
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I agree with slowing down. I am doing that program right now, and my focus is running the full time it tells me to, no matter how slow. After I get to the end doing that I will focus on increasing my speed.
  • satellitegirl34
    Options
    I'm going to be doing Week 3, day 3 tomorrow and was already starting to freak out about Week 4. I have such a difficult time with the 2nd 3:00 of the program and I'm only jogging at a 4.5 mph pace on the treadmill. I never even thought to repeat Week 3 and build up my stamina. Glad I read that other people had to repeat this week too. Thanks!