Difficult weightloss and gallbladder removal

Options
Hi, can anyone out there tell me if you are having trouble losing weight and have had your gallbladder out? I have never had this much trouble, I am 5ft 4 1/2 tall weigh 157 eat 1200 calories per day rarely go over and cannot lose an ounce, any help would be so appreciated.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I've had my gallbladder out. And if anything it HELPED me lose weight, since I was one of the people that stopped being able to digest fat (appropriately) after it was removed. Basically, anything with a high fat content about 15 minutes after I eat it -- if I don't eat super slow or also eat a lot of fiber/bulk at the same time -- leads to spending 2 hours on the toilet. So this basically forces me to give up fatty, greasy things (for the most part).

Anyway, how recently was your surgery? In any event, given the effect gallbladder can have on your digestion, I don't see any reason to not see if you can get some bloodwork done. You might have thyroid issues.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    When my husband had his taken out, he dropped nearly 40 pounds in 2 weeks. (May have been water)
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, it was removed in July 2012.......I would weigh between 144 and 147 when I had it, after removal I have gone p to 158 and cannot lose it no matter what, I have had numerous blood work for thyroid and I am hypothyroid but have been for 12 years and my numbers are good so not sure what it can be.....I never have eaten a lot but have always eaten candy before and after, thanks for your help.