Sensa?

Options
My hubby bought Sensa off of TV without asking me. Has anyone tried it. What do you think??
He only ate half his dinner last night and said he was stuffed.

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    It seems that this stuff does not mess with metabolism etc (though i read you can get stomachache) but it enhances sensory expeience in a meal making you feel more satisfied. it sounds to me like an expensive version of chew slowly and think about what you are eating.

my issue on this product is: your husband used it and ate less than usual but was still stuffed. It's a trick, so your body is not actually learning to eat less and stop when you are naturally satisfied. People (in reviews at least) went right back to over eating when they stopped, sometimes moreso since they were used to eating until stuffed.

It also touts that you can eat whatever you want - granted, if you are on this site, you probably won't be "Sensaing" McDonalds every day... but, you can eat A LOT of healthy food and feel very full on this "program" (watching what you eat.) I had to try to eat 3000 calories yesterday and Friday since I had really active days. I was eating ALL day long! With sensa, there is the chance that you might actually eat TOO LITTLE.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to teach him a lesson. He is very gulliable.
    The foods I prepare at home are low-fat and low calorie. Of course we have our weakness and eat too much fast food but I think the sensa is not the anwser.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Raindancer, just be careful about the price thing. They give you 2 free month supplies but it is only a 30 day trial version. If you dont call them within the 30 days to tell them to cancel then you will be charged $88-$90.00 every 60 days and they will ship it every 60 days with 2 new months in it.

You have to send any unused portion back after you call within the 30 days, and you wont be charged more the the $4.95 to ship it... just make sure you call in time if you all arent satisfied.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Pop's shocked me when he ordered Sensa. Then really surprised me when he contacted them and returned it on his own.
    Maybe he learned from this. As my mother said it all Snake oil