BinaryPulsar on MFP for almost 2 years

Options
BinaryPulsar
BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
Hello MFP Community,

I'm BinaryPulsar and I've been on mfp for a while now and never posted a success thread.

I am a contemporary dancer. Fitness and health has always been an important and active part of my life.

I am a mother of two. I regained my fitness rapidly after I had my two babies. I ate well, kept active, re-joined the gym, and continued with my dancing life.

In my mid thirties things were going well, but I began to put on a few pounds and I needed something to re-invigorate my passion for fitness as well as for life. I was dealing with important things in life and was worried about slipping into a depression. So, fitness was my outlet for both physical and mental health.

I joined MFP, on my search for new options.

I learned about counting calories and what my caloric needs were. I decided to eat at maintenance based on my TDEE and to lift weights and strength train in addition to my dancing, yoga, and active lifestyle. I also reduced my cardio. And I started seeing a physiotherapist to help me manage my past injuries.

I went to the gym and recently have also purchased weights for my own home as well.

I'm not sure how much I lost because weight often fluctuates day to day. But, I did lose at least 5 pounds and I went down 3 sizes in my clothing. My clothing was falling off of me. I bought new clothes and then had to take those to the tailor to be made smaller. I had to dig out what I had left of my pre-pregnancy clothes that I wore in my college and high school days.

I love my fitness and my fitness plan. I'm planning to be fit and healthy for life.

This is a before picture. This is a photo of my daughters and I, in a dance performance. It was taken right before I joined My Fitness Pal. Seeing these photos I could see that I needed to work on my fitness more, if I wanted to regain and keep it. This is my first time posting photos in the forums.

oqURiVc.png

And these are my photos a year and a half after My Fitness Pal and Weight Lifting. I am petite and small framed. Maybe I can inspire some other ladies to start weight lifting. I eat around 2000 calories a day.

ax1Q88K.png

IMG_48830070817316_zpshwgul5wt.jpeg

Thank you for reading my success story!

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I was able to check out the pictures by copying and pasting the link, but no dice trying to get them to show up on the message board.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    In to see the pics!!! C'mon!!! :laugh: :drinker:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    even without the pics...
    tumblr_lf3hoxLY4A1qesc3io1_500.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Agreed, you're a rockstar.

giphy13_zps7e1ab9b4.gif
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Awesome job!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    The waiting adds drama :smile:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Try tinypic instead of photobucket? I WANT PICS!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    In for awesomeness! Congrats. Can't wait for the pics! :smile:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Bumping to creep your pics when they arrive. We already know you're awesome!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I wanna see pictures!

*throws tantrum*

*checks mfp database to see if tantrums burn many calories*

*throws additional tantrum, because it doesn't burn enough for cookies*
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I wanna see pictures!

*throws tantrum*

*checks mfp database to see if tantrums burn many calories*

*throws additional tantrum, because it doesn't burn enough for cookies*
    i can has your cookies?

and YAAAAAAY binarypulsar
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Thanks! My computer did overheat and lose power at the same time. My after pics are in my profile. The before pic is new. Someone on mfp is trying to help me out.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    In cos a great success story is a great success story even without illustrations :flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Looks like I got one to work. Thanks for your patience and comments. I appreciate it!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Great story, and I hope other's can take something from it.

I will be back for pictures though.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Excellent! :drinker:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I'm going to run out of editing time and will probably need a mod or Olivia to help me. Looks like the last one is jpeg and the other two are png. I don't know what I need to do. I'll figure it out eventually.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So glad to see your story here! :)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I'm going to run out of editing time and will probably need a mod or Olivia to help me. Looks like the last one is jpeg and the other two are png. I don't know what I need to do. I'll figure it out eventually.
    worst case, you could use imgur.com just paste the links from photobucket into there and you should be able to just get direct links?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!