Budybug / BodyMedia

Options
being a numbers nerd I am drooling over the ModyMedia monitors - especially the ones that actually measure when you are sleeping (anyone with one - how accurate are they? If you wake up for 10 mins at night but don't get up - does it catch this?)

But, the need for the subscription is a huge turn off. If I'm spending $175-300 on the monitor and display I don't want to pay an additional $6-10 a month to access the data. Sadly, $6-10 often makes or breaks my bank account for the month.

I have, and LOVE my HRM. but i liked this for down time. Anyone have this, or, better, have an option that has included or free software?

Replies

• CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I've got a bodybugg. Its creepy how accurate it is. It DOES know when Im awake at night, even if I just wake up and lay there still.

The subscription IS a huge sucky part of their business model, specially after shelling out all the money for the armband and watch.

It's worth the $6 a month, IMO. All that means to me is one less trip to starbucks, lol.

You don't really need the watch/display, so you can save the money there and use it for several months of subscription services :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my body media fit monitor... I find it to be quite accurate. I 2nd the opinion that the display watch isn't necessary - I wish I hadn't bought mine, because it's never worked quite right (though the device itself is fantastic). I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about it - feel free to send me a private message.

If you skip the display, it's about $179 for the device, plus $6.95/month if you sign up for the 12 month commitment (at least that was my price when I signed up for that one).