Are calorie goals accurate, or am I "doin' it wrong"?

13»

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    4oz of chicken breast has 250 calories...about 145grams...

Accuracy is important, but that figure is off. 4 oz. is 113.4 g, not 145. And if it's boneless, skinless chicken breast, weighed raw, then 4 oz. has 136 calories, according to the USDA database: http://tinyurl.com/mo4656p

If it has skin on, then it's about 230 calories (depending on how much skin, and how fatty it is).
  • MB2MN
    MB2MN Posts: 334 Member
    Hi! Your breakfasts look pretty good, protein with the egg and oatmeal and you're making some other good choices with boneless, skinless chicken breast and so on but there is an awful lot of sugary empty calories. Now those won't necessarily top you from losing weight on their own but they won't fill you up and can be contributing to your jittery feeling. I get that when I have too much sugar or caffeine. I think your goal of around 2100 is pretty good though.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Ok I didnt read everyones responses so sorry is someones has said these things.

So some of your weight loss COULD actually BE water weight. I think it might help if you understood the effects of water on your body.
    Before you said you drink a lot of soda and no much water. when you do that your body HOLDS water because it doesnt know when it will get water again. When you start drinking more water you are telling your body that it doesnt need to hold it anymore, you are now treating it better. So it trusts you, and starts to let go of the water is was hoarding.

Now with the jitters it sounds to me like you could possibly be hypoglycemic. I am and when I dont eat, or wait too long between meals/snacks, I start to shut down.
    Yours may be worse than mine since it looks like you drink a lot of sugar, and when you take that away from yourself your body will need time to adjust, you are having sugar crashes (thus the need to eat something sweet to make the shakes stop). MAke sure you are eating something every few hours so that you dont crash. I personally graze all day long, and this helps me to not eat too many calories in the long run because I'm never starving myself so I dont binge eat.

Again drinking more water in general will help with that too, and the feelings of hunger. Our bodies use the feeling of hunger to also let us know when we are dehydrated... its confusing I know. You think you're hungry when you are probably just thirsty.
    If I've eaten fairly recently and I feel hungry and I know I shouldnt I just drink a biiig glass of water and I feel all better again.

I hope that helps a little.