kiss my day 300s!

Options
So I joined a few years ago and forgot the next day....I was obviously motivated.

January 12th I decided to it was time to do something about my weight. I have never been more miserable and honestly my body was aching. January 2012 I found out I was pregnant after a few months of fertility (that packed on 55 pounds) to my waistline & the beginning of July I unexpectedly gave birth to my daughter 12w5d early. During her stay in the NICU I was able to pack on an additional 60lbs and that is where I stayed. So she is now home and thriving and her second birthday is coming up and I realized finally I need to do something. I will be 30 this year and I do not want to live this way any longer.

The hard truth. I started the first day at a whopping 320.4 (ounces do count, lol) and this morning I was 296! I remember seeing this number when it was climbing and crying. Today though I embrace it. I am proud of myself.

I AM PROUD TO BE 296LBS!

Wow, that is outrageous to say. ..but tomorrow I will be even prouder to be lighter....even if it is only 295.8(or whatever number comes up). I will never again be that heavy. I'm not 100% sure why I feel the need to write this but I will say this...It feels good to scream it from a mountain top....even if it is one that only a few people will probably see. :bigsmile:

Replies

• pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement! I bet you are feeling so pleased to be on your way. Sounds like you have been through a tough time, so glad to hear your daughter is doing well.
    Best wishes for your next steps - you can do it!
  • Courtney4805
    Courtney4805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you! ..baby steps, baby steps.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Be proud! Definitely! That's a great success, leading to a lot of other! Great great job!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Awesome success you've had! 26 pounds in a month and a half is quite an achievement, and you have every right to be proud. Good work!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    You're just so cute and sweet and I'm so happy for you!! Good luck on your continued success. You can do this!!!!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    keep the numbers rolling down!
    way to go!
  • emmaelisenl
    emmaelisenl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good job! I started 2 days after you and have lost about 17 lbs so far. I am now under 250 lbs which was my first goal
    Now let's find a new goal to work towards and keep going, we can do it!
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Good for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Good job! I started 2 days after you and have lost about 17 lbs so far. I am now under 250 lbs which was my first goal
    ...and to you too! :flowerforyou:
  • RockStarlaa
    RockStarlaa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    YOu should be very proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you on your journey!! YOu can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I feel the same was about seeing 195 on my scale. I remember a time that this was the unimaginable number, but now it's a sign of moving downward and I'm sooo happy to be under 200! Congrats!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Getting out of the 300's is something to be proud of. This is a long, slow journey so celebrate each and every milestone.

Good work so far, and keep it up.
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking about how much more i have to go, but from now on I'll try it your way. I'm gonna turn around and wave GOOD RIDDANCE and do my happy dance for every ounce i lose. I really never thought about it that way. I'll never be 200 pounds again.
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP YOU CAN DO IT.:happy:
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I am glad you are celebrating your accomplishment. Every pound, half pound, ounce is a victory.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    So I joined a few years ago and forgot the next day....I was obviously motivated.

January 12th I decided to it was time to do something about my weight. I have never been more miserable and honestly my body was aching. January 2012 I found out I was pregnant after a few months of fertility (that packed on 55 pounds) to my waistline & the beginning of July I unexpectedly gave birth to my daughter 12w5d early. During her stay in the NICU I was able to pack on an additional 60lbs and that is where I stayed. So she is now home and thriving and her second birthday is coming up and I realized finally I need to do something. I will be 30 this year and I do not want to live this way any longer.

The hard truth. I started the first day at a whopping 320.4 (ounces do count, lol) and this morning I was 296! I remember seeing this number when it was climbing and crying. Today though I embrace it. I am proud of myself.

I AM PROUD TO BE 296LBS!

Wow, that is outrageous to say. ..but tomorrow I will be even prouder to be lighter....even if it is only 295.8(or whatever number comes up). I will never again be that heavy. I'm not 100% sure why I feel the need to write this but I will say this...It feels good to scream it from a mountain top....even if it is one that only a few people will probably see. :bigsmile:

DO NOT belittle your success!!! You worked HARD for those lbs and every.single.milestone is an important one that deserves celebration. Take this natural high you are on and propel yourself with it. Being proud to be 296 lbs isn't the least bit outrageous, not when you used to be 320! I too gained a LOT of weight with my second pregnancy and then worked hard to lose a bunch and then stalled......I am turning 30 this year too. I had a moment where I said to myself "ok, your youngest kid is 2, so you can't blame your pregnancy any longer and you are turning 30 soon. Get off your *kitten* woman!" Isn't it amazing what 30 looming on the horizon can do for a person!? Haha!

Congratulations on this amazing milestone and many more to come!
  • Courtney4805
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • Courtney4805
    Options

We can and will do this! Excellent job getting under 250!! My new goal is 270lbs and that will put me down 50!! What is yours?

I AM PROUD TO BE 296LBS!

DO NOT belittle your success!!! You worked HARD for those lbs and every.single.milestone is an important one that deserves celebration. Take this natural high you are on and propel yourself with it. Being proud to be 296 lbs isn't the least bit outrageous, not when you used to be 320! I too gained a LOT of weight with my second pregnancy and then worked hard to lose a bunch and then stalled......I am turning 30 this year too. I had a moment where I said to myself "ok, your youngest kid is 2, so you can't blame your pregnancy any longer and you are turning 30 soon. Get off your *kitten* woman!" Isn't it amazing what 30 looming on the horizon can do for a person!? Haha!

Congratulations on this amazing milestone and many more to come!

You are absolutely correct I do need to get up! Congratulations on your accomplishments so far also! :drinker:
  • Tim964
    Tim964 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats! As others have said, you should be very proud of your success thus far. Go ahead and scream it from the mountain top - you deserve it!