I don't LOVE my LOVE HANDLES!

Options
Okay, so last winter/spring, I was on a very successful diet. I went from 156 down to 125 over the course of several months. I felt great, I looked much better. I wanted to lose a little more still, but then my birthday came, and summer and I ended up gaining back like 15 pounds of it =/
ANYWHO-when I got down to that 125, my face arms legs and stomach was looking good! BUT my love handles were still a huge problem. They made finding pants really difficult. I either had to chose between having them fit my hips, but were baggy in the legs. Or they fit my legs, and gave me muffin tops.
Does anyone else have this problem??

I haven't been able to find much help to getting rid of them, no stretches or exercises or anything. I have read that running helps burn that fat. Since I started dieting again a few weeks ago, I have been trying to run. With my busy schedule though, it's hard to get to the gym all the time. So I'm looking for some successful exercises I can do at home while i'm watching tv or before bed that would help.

Any suggestions?? They honestly drive me nuts!!

Replies

• tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I truly don't know why they call them love handles....nobody really loves them!! I found that cable twists have really helped and side abdo crunches on a stability ball also do the job. Hope that helps.

Good luck

Tx
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i know tjbeer it like the funny bone. what so funny about tingthat. I know i use words i didn't even know last time i hit it. go fig
  • Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    i know tjbeer it like the funny bone. what so funny about tingthat. I know i use words i didn't even know last time i hit it. go fig

lol, it's because the bone is called the Humerus
  • John8188
    Options

lol, it's because the bone is called the Humerus

Also it gives this tingle when you hit it. Like a really bad tickle...lol.

I think they call them love handles cause its something to hold on to. :wink:

I know that they will be the last thing I lose. i lose it everywhere else first. I have to lose a lot of fat to get rid of them.
  • Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    Yeah I know! And it totally sucks thats the last part to go.
    I just felt discouraged to weigh 125 pounds and still have a fat issue on my body, especially there. I was hoping by then I would be looking better. And with me dieting again now, I don't want to feel discouraged about that already.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Hey Raychel,
    My goal was to lose my muffin top. That is why my website is called muffintopnomore.com!!! While you cannot specifically choose where the fat will leave your body from exercise, you can do certain exercises that will help reduce the overall fat in your body composition. It is possible this is just the last place your body wants to let go of it. I began doing a weight lifting workout DVD at home and it made a HUGE difference for me with getting rid of my muffin top. I am a runner, and it was the weight lifting that did it for me much more than the running. I recently added HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training) and that has helped significantly as well. Send me a note if you want more info.
    Risa
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Love it...now thats funny

:laugh:

Tx