Why is my plan not working?

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food. You're eating more calories than you think.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    so-much-derp.jpg

ie. massive amounts of waste in the body; gaining muscle on deficit; tricking or jump starting ANYTHING, etc.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    so-much-derp.jpg
    oh man, no kidding.
    Op, you're not accurately logging. You're eating more than you think. You're not gaining muscle.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You can cut your weight down around 2lbs to 35 lbs (depending on your size) by cleaning your colon tube. They are just like pipes in a sink. They get clogged and stuff sticks to them also over time building up and of course adding weight. When John Wayne died they found 35lbs of waste inside of him. That's a lot of clogging and unnecessary weight.

This whole post was so much nonsense, but it was garden variety nonsense.

Except for this part.

This part is solid gold.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    so much wrong in the responses here wow...muscle gain...tricking metabolism...cleanses...no Just no

weigh your food and log accurately..., start picking up some weights eat back a portion of your burns as the marchines and MFP over estimate them.

and be patient.

This is what I wanted to say but it 430am when I posted.
    So thank you Stef!
  • Clandahlina
    Options
    When John Wayne died they found 35lbs of waste inside of him. That's a lot of clogging and unnecessary weight.

Even a quick Googling proves this is false.

http://snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/fecalcolon.asp
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Generally you need to FOOL the body into thinking your metobalism has increased. This by eating lots of carbohydrates, For 3 days eat more carbohydrates exceeding your 1300 calorie limit if you have to. Anywhere from 180 to 225 carbs per day is good for those 3 days of carbohydrates eating. Keep the pattern constant don't think the 7th day is a day of rest and free day. Continue to eat 3 carb days and 3 fatty/protein days each week.

Then for 3 days eat more fat and protein foods and hardly any carbohydrates (if you can) That means bacon, chicken, steak, pork, whatever meats you like but for 3 days not going over a 65 fat 16 saturated fat limit though if you can. A point here and there isn't going to matter much. Usually 4oz of any type of meats that are lean to very lean work great for this. Keep your carbs under 150 lower if you can. Work into eating less carbs if you can.

I have done this and it works like a charm! Usually one night per week I load up on cereals and healthy grains like right before I go to bed. I always wake up several inches thinner and with my metabolims absolutely roaring! It's a good trick and a good jump start or re-start.

For OP, yeah maybe it's muscle which is awesome. I would suggest you really try to weigh your food accurately and take a look at your portions.

What this does is makes for a metabolism roller coaster for your body. As the carbohydrates increase it won't store as much fat and on the days you eat proportionately fatty high protein foods it won't store as much fat and you'll begin to see weight loss.

Don't expect 5lbs in a day as all this takes time once the water weight has been lost. Losing a single pound takes time even with a 3500 calorie a week cut down on calories. Drink lots of water and water type products (tea and such). Water flushes out more than you think and it's one of the things dieters don't do often enough.

Also, remember waste adds weight inside your body, so if you're weighing after that meal of pizza and bread sticks sure your weight is going to go up. Best time to weigh is after going to the toilet and a good colon cleanser helps also. You can cut your weight down around 2lbs to 35 lbs (depending on your size) by cleaning your colon tube. They are just like pipes in a sink. They get clogged and stuff sticks to them also over time building up and of course adding weight. When John Wayne died they found 35lbs of waste inside of him. That's a lot of clogging and unnecessary weight.

This works for me in terms of fooling your metabolism. At least one night per week I graze... not binge... graze on cereals, popcorn, healthy grains (carbs) like a half hour or so or even sometimes right before I go to bed. The next morning I always wake up several inches thinner with a roaring metabolism. It works like a charm for me!

To OP, I would suggest trying to weigh your foods accurately and pay attention to portion size.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    The next morning I always wake up several inches thinner with a roaring metabolism.

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    WTF am I reading????

Not the OP, some replies are just, well ... no, I do not have a word for it actually!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The next morning I always wake up several inches thinner with a roaring metabolism.

Where do I even start on this one?
  • kuroboxx
    Options
    so when i weigh food.... how do i measure the calories of it? on this site?

when I weigh my food, do I enter it on this site and will it give me the proper calorie intake?

also....any good suggestions for a heart monitor to properly calculate how many calories I burn?
  • kuroboxx
    Options
    thanks for the help! kind of... it\s overwhelming
  • kuroboxx
    Options
    I just measure the calories burned by what is says on the machine and also i enter all the food on here that i eat very precisely.

This is part of your problem. The machine doesn't know what your heart rate is or what your height and weight are. When I wear my heart rate tracker and compare it to what it says on the treadmill, the treadmill always says at least 100 calories more than the heart rate tracker which is customized to me. Invest in a heart rate tracker, not only for better work outs, but for more accurate calorie burn stats.

any suggestions for a good heart rate tracker to see how many calories I am ACTUALLY burning as oppose to how many I think i'm burning?
  • jonnythan
    Options
    any suggestions for a good heart rate tracker to see how many calories I am ACTUALLY burning as oppose to how many I think i'm burning?

I recommend against HRMs. For a variety of reasons, the output of such devices is rather unreliable and prone to significant error. Even at their very best, the only thing they are good for is steady-state cardio such as jogging or cycling. They are poor for lifting, strength training, interval training,mixed training like Insanity, etc.

Your best bet is to open your diary. This will probably allow us to very quickly identify where you are going wrong.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    so when i weigh food.... how do i measure the calories of it? on this site?

when I weigh my food, do I enter it on this site and will it give me the proper calorie intake?

also....any good suggestions for a heart monitor to properly calculate how many calories I burn?

Yes. Almost all prepackaged food gives serving size in grams. So you measure the grams you're eating. For non-packaged foods such as produce, I use "usda" as a search term in MFP. For example, for a banana I'll search for "banana usda" and then find an entry that has grams or ounces as the serving size. I'll also check the USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory as a sanity check when necessary:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
  • GiddyNZ
    GiddyNZ Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    OP is not gaining muscle on low calorie intake, whilst doing mainly cardio.

Actually as OP has said she has only recently started doing more than gentle exercise.. any new regular exercise will form new muscle growth as your body never did it before.. we are talking holding on to 1lb here and there instead of losing it, we aren't talking about bulking up. If her measurements are changing as per the clothes fitting differently but the scales aren't moving then YES this is could very well be the case. Not all muscle growth is from weight training and calorie loading.

Diet is also important, but she would need to be making some serious logging errors to account for her 500 cal deficit each day.

If OP had been logging for months at a sustained loss then plateaued my answer would have been different, but she hasn't so it isn't.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Generally you need to FOOL the body into thinking your metobalism has increased. This by eating lots of carbohydrates, For 3 days eat more carbohydrates exceeding your 1300 calorie limit if you have to. Anywhere from 180 to 225 carbs per day is good for those 3 days of carbohydrates eating. Keep the pattern constant don't think the 7th day is a day of rest and free day. Continue to eat 3 carb days and 3 fatty/protein days each week.

Then for 3 days eat more fat and protein foods and hardly any carbohydrates (if you can) That means bacon, chicken, steak, pork, whatever meats you like but for 3 days not going over a 65 fat 16 saturated fat limit though if you can. A point here and there isn't going to matter much. Usually 4oz of any type of meats that are lean to very lean work great for this. Keep your carbs under 150 lower if you can. Work into eating less carbs if you can.

I have done this and it works like a charm! Usually one night per week I load up on cereals and healthy grains like right before I go to bed. I always wake up several inches thinner and with my metabolims absolutely roaring! It's a good trick and a good jump start or re-start.

For OP, yeah maybe it's muscle which is awesome. I would suggest you really try to weigh your food accurately and take a look at your portions.

What this does is makes for a metabolism roller coaster for your body. As the carbohydrates increase it won't store as much fat and on the days you eat proportionately fatty high protein foods it won't store as much fat and you'll begin to see weight loss.

Don't expect 5lbs in a day as all this takes time once the water weight has been lost. Losing a single pound takes time even with a 3500 calorie a week cut down on calories. Drink lots of water and water type products (tea and such). Water flushes out more than you think and it's one of the things dieters don't do often enough.

Also, remember waste adds weight inside your body, so if you're weighing after that meal of pizza and bread sticks sure your weight is going to go up. Best time to weigh is after going to the toilet and a good colon cleanser helps also. You can cut your weight down around 2lbs to 35 lbs (depending on your size) by cleaning your colon tube. They are just like pipes in a sink. They get clogged and stuff sticks to them also over time building up and of course adding weight. When John Wayne died they found 35lbs of waste inside of him. That's a lot of clogging and unnecessary weight.

This works for me in terms of fooling your metabolism. At least one night per week I graze... not binge... graze on cereals, popcorn, healthy grains (carbs) like a half hour or so or even sometimes right before I go to bed. The next morning I always wake up several inches thinner with a roaring metabolism. It works like a charm for me!

To OP, I would suggest trying to weigh your foods accurately and pay attention to portion size.

How do you know your metabolism is roaring? And where are the inches disappearing from on your body exactly?
  • kuroboxx
    Options
    Diary is now open.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Diary is now open.

Right away: extremely inconsistent logging. Yesterday all you logged was 140 quick add and 250 calories of tea. Monday, 290 calories of milk, 260 quick add, and a 90 calorie granola bar. I jumped back a week and saw literally nothing but quick add calories.

You need to work on your logging practices.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My recommendation would be to start logging real food. Quick added calories is the most inaccurate thing ever. You might as well not even log. :frown: