30 day shred

Options
Has anyone done the 30 day shred and what results did you get. I started yesterday and wondered if anyone had done it before and what they thought of it. How long did you stay on each level before moving to the next one, also what exercise did you do after the 30 days. I would like to start running again when the weather gets a little better, so thought the strength training combined with the cardio would be good to keep my fitness levels up and help me strengthen my muscles ready for running.

Replies

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love the 30DS! I started with 10 days Level 1, 10 days Level 2, 10 days Level 3, and saw great results along with tracking my calories and some additional cardio on the treadmill or outside.

I am still doing the 30DS, but now I mix it up a little bit. I may do Level 3 one day, then Level 2 the next. I just find it to be a great 20 minute workout and now that it is familiar I can transition from one move to the next easily. Now I also push myself to do all of the advanced moves and use heavier weights on some of the strength exercises. I also have some Zumba DVD's and Ripped in 30 I do as well.

If you combine some extra cardo with the 30DS, I think it can be a great tool for building up endurance for running. I like to do a run/walk combo and find running a lot easier now!

Good luck and have fun!! :smile:
  • slmahrt
    slmahrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just started it to. Someone on Steps to good health which I recommend you joining it gives great support and suggestions. Do Julian 2 days then 1 day walking or some other cardio then do Julian again for 2 days then 1 day cardio or walking then Sunday is rest day do this till you have did Julian for 10 days thenn do the next level same way. That is what someone suggested to me on Stips to Good Health.
  • nushie89
    nushie89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would also like to hear of any positive/negative results! I just started today. I am very out of shape so it was a bit intense for me, and left me feeling a bit nauseous. I'm hoping I can push through it and build up some endurance!!
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, thanks for all your suggestions, I will try and see how I get on, I'm on day 3 today and have really sore thighs, but I have managed to get through the full 20 minutes with out taking any breaks. It is intense but I hope it will give me a much firmer and stronger body. I like the idea of putting in some extra cardio, and wasn't sure if you could have any rest days, so I might try that. I like the fact that it's only 20 minutes long so it doesn't take a great chunk out of your day. I also walk to and from work which is a good 40 minutes a day, which could count towards the extra cardio I suppose. Thanks again for all the advice I am determined to continue now and I will post when I have finished the 30 days and let you know how I have done. :flowerforyou: