Just started and I'd love friends

Options
Hello everyone! I'm very, very new to MFP (though not new to trying to lose weight) and I'd like to get the most out of it. I've been told the community here is amazing and I'd love to find people who can help me through my weight loss and whom I can help too. I find it hard to approach people about this IRL so I'm hoping an online support group and site will do wonders for me.

A bit about me:
I'm in my mid-twenties and doing my bachelor's. I've been battling weight loss all my life due to a variety of factors. Sadly, those never worked out. I really want to lose weight so that I can live a long, healthy life and do all of the things I want to. I have a variety of health issues that affect my weight loss (though some would get better with weight loss).

I need a LOT of help with motivation. I have an amazing partner who helps a ton but it isn't enough to just have one person. My journey is a long one so having friends along the way would be lovely.

Replies

• kammyrios
    kammyrios Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I have over 100 pounds to lose and I need all the motivation I can get. Feel free to add me! BTW I am new here too. Together we can learn the ropes!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I have been here for a long time!
  • Marcus_Anthony
    Marcus_Anthony Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me, log daily, update your feed regularly and we'll help you get there :)
  • stanleypoobrick
    stanleypoobrick Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've been here a while and log daily; you're welcome to add me :--)
  • aemp93
    aemp93 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm twenty and work in an office - I have been seriously trying to lose weight / get a better body for the last 3.5 months with some success through logging my calories and exercise. My stomach is definitely getting smaller but I'm still nowhere near done yet as I want a lovely flat stomach!

I try to exercise a lot and I do enjoy it but having eczema (skin disorder), particularly when it's sore and open, makes it really hard to stay motivated to want to exercise sometimes the sweat irritates it beyond discomfort. A lot.

I'll give you a friend request and hopefully we can support each other!
  • llabruce4
    llabruce4 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I support all my friends daily
  • mscott10184
    Options
    feel free to add me. new friends are always welcome and the people i've met here since the start of February have been great support so far. If i can pay it forward I will!
  • Cronin26
    Options
    I feel we are in "in the same boat" I have been here before, tried weight watchers too but I am an expert at excuses with a distinct lack of will power lol. You are not alone!
  • mandakittykitty
    mandakittykitty Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm new, too! I've been logging for 30 days and am down 11 lbs...if that isn't motivating I don't know what is! Just stay true to logging everyday, even if you know you're going over calories. It keeps you honest and makes it clear what you need to do to make changes. Please, to you and anyone else, feel free to add me! The only friend i have on here is my boyfriend, and I feel like he may stop soon since he's almost hit his weight loss goal.
  • JuiceBars
    JuiceBars Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome. A good friends list is SO helpful I think. Many of my friends have been with me since day 1.....read profiles and see who might be a good match. Some may be in the same boat with similar goals and challenges and others may be an inspiration for you. You can read my profile and see if I could be a good fit for you. No pressure tho :) Good luck!!
  • khaydon83
    khaydon83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for just over a week and it's been great to have some accountability. I log my food daily and love that people are cheering me on when I stay under my calorie goal (hitting the "complete" button also makes me not want to binge at night- an occassional bad habit that got me to this weight). I am still trying to fit in exercise, but am hoping I can slowly add that in. I love the support here, and hope that you find that as well!
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm too lazy to do it on the fone, yo.

:-P
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not new here but I am back. Feel free too add me everyone. I'll send you a request, Growling!
  • Meaghan77
    Meaghan77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The more "get healthy" buddies, the better! Anyone's welcome to add me too.
  • hmseals77
    hmseals77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!!
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! You came to the right place for motivation. MFP's members are awesome with that =]
  • CNadeen
    CNadeen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have just started a couple days ago. Had my account for awhile. Due to a long battle with just plain I don't give a darn, my weight creeped up on me. I noticed it. I just was so unhappy that I used food for comfort. My husband had a quad by-pass heart surgery 7 years ago. I had fear he would die on me. Thinking I couldn't live with out him stressed me to max. We have one child, teenage girl who was 10 at the time. I tried to encourage him to take care of himself at first he did ok. we both did. Then he became very sedentary and needy. Stopped eating right... I could go on. Until a week ago, I was diagnosed with Glucose Intolerance (basically pre-diabetic). So that has forced me to make a lifestyle change. Currently I am motivated to avoid diabetes so I am back. Going full force. But definitely need encouragement. First week I am down 7#. I am trying to track on here daily. So feel free to add me anyone who is interested can. I have well over a hundred pounds to loose. But mainly I am just looking to start a healthy lifestyle. Its not so much about the weight loss for me. I just want to be healthy.
  • CNadeen
    Options
    I got to go for now. I am headed to gym. Please add me people lol I need friends too!
  • CNadeen
    Options
    add me I too lol
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.