anyone tried zumba dvds? or turbofire? which is better?....

Options
I used to do to do the Zumba on the ps3. Im wondering if the dvds are better. My sister is doing beachbodys Turbofire and has been trying to convince me to try it. Any opinions on which one to try?

Replies

• bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Love love love Zumba, hated the videos.

But that is just me
  • kaylo008
    Options
    Well Im a SAHM with 2 small kids so I cant go to the actual classes. have to settle for workouts at home . The zumba game was fun but could be frustrating. Was wondering if the videos were any better. Dont really want to spend $50-$80 on it if its not good
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I tried the DVDs. It wasn't bad.
  • redpandora56
    redpandora56 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    never tried zumba but turbo fire is amazing. i did it religiously for 2 months a couple years ago and was in the best shape of my life. i thought it was really fun to do too.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I used to do the Zumba DVDs. They were a really good starting point for me.

I've never done Turbo Fire, but I am on my second round of ChaLEAN Extreme which is the same trainer, and I really like her. She can be annoying sometimes (like any other trainer on a DVD) but I think she's pretty awesome.
  • Jennicia74
    Jennicia74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've done Zumba for the Wii and Zumba DVD's . I prefer the classes but the videos are a good alternative. Give it a try!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have done both and LOVE them both. I have the Exhilirate Zumba set and the set before that (with Cardio Party). And I have Turbo Fire.

Turbo Fire is more intense, since it includes plyometric HIIT workouts which are killer! And it includes some strength workouts, which honestly I wasn't a great fan of, but that is mostly because I am too uncoordinated to do upper and lower body strength moves at the same time. :grumble:

Zumba is just pure fun. I still do those quite a bit when I want straight cardio. I have not tried the newest Zumba DVDs which include a step.

Turbo Fire is slightly more expensive, but the better bargain as it includes a lot more workouts.
  • baptistforlife
    Options
    I am waiting on my order of zumba exhilarate right now it is only 40.00 on amazon right now (with free shipping) so I am going to try it. I read the reviews and they look mostly positive!!!! Good luck on whatever you choose :)
  • paulajed
    Options
    Done both- I had better success with Turbofire (way better success- lost 25 lbs and many inches). I also found turbofire easier on my joints, easier to follow (I am rhythmic movement impaired), and a more comprehensive exercise program- almost like having my own personal trainer in my living room.
  • amolyneau
    amolyneau Posts: 14
    Options
    I never personally felt like I could keep up with Zumba (mind you I only ever tried the one on WII)

I'm giving TurboFire a second go(I stopped to do something else).. I'm starting Week 3 tomorrow. I love it.. It's easier to follow, it's a good calorie burn... I am excited to workout everyday and the music I'm pretty sure is what helps get me through them...
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba 1 time and did not like it haha, so I have a limited opinion on that. But I love TurboFire! I've gone thru the whole program and had great results, now I pick my favorite dvds to do for cardio on my non-lifting days. They do require a little coordination, but after you've done it a couple times it's not a big deal, I think the workouts are a lot of fun and I really like the music and trainer.