Hot Yoga

Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
Oh my God!!
I did my very first class today and hot yoga is no joke. I couldn't believe how hard it was and how intense it can be.
I wore my HRM and I burnt 476cal in 90minutes!!

What an amazing class. I just wish the class weren't so expensive. I call it "rich" people exercise. lol

Have a great night! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Oh my God!!
    I did my very first class today and hot yoga is no joke. I couldn't believe how hard it was and how intense it can be.

What an amazing class. I just wish the class weren't so expensive. I call it "rich" people exercise. lol

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Is that anything like 'Hot Fuzz'? Bwahaha, I loved that movie.

Oh, and way to rock it out! I suppose 'rich people exercise' would be the reason I never tried it, well, that and the fact I would probably fracture my hip trying to bend over. :frown:
  • Bikram claims 920 calories per session. It is no joke. As a part of a program with funning or walking, and some strength training like weight lifting, hot yoga will not only increase your flexibility and burn calories, it will calm your mind. You will find that anything people throw at you for the next 24-48 hours, you will handle calmly and peacefully after you get into your yoga practice on a regular basis. probably the best stress reducer I have ever experienced!
  • Oh my God!!

HAHA! i know what you mean by rich people exercise. So many people don't realize that all you need is a good plan, fresh air for a good run and fresh foods and you can lose all the weight you want! but Those classes.... WOW! they are amazing! and embarrassing enough... instead i started watching youtube yoga and doing yoga/pilates from that rather than the actual yoga class. i did it every night and saw results on my abs. but then i got lazy... ha now i need something for that extra push of motivation.