Show me your food!

Options
2»

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I guess half a bowl of turkey chili is better than no chili at all.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help.

012_zpsc2ac0840.jpg
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter protein bars.

BhvNn1lCcAAHmtN.jpg
  • funkygas
    funkygas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For breakfast: pancakes with fruit and cream
    Pancakes-Fruit.jpg

For lunch: bacon & broccoli spaghetti carbonara with a side of spinach and peach salad with balsamic honey mustard dressing
    Bacon-broccoli-spaghetti-carbonara.jpg
    Spinach-peach-salad.jpg

For dessert: peach cobbler
    Peach-cobbler1.jpg

And for snacks: monster cookies (my absolute favourite!!)
    Monster-cookies-Sarah.jpg

All recipes from http://cookathome.info/
  • funkygas
    funkygas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter protein bars.

Can you let me know the recipe for these? I LOVE peanut butter and am always looking for inspiration for protein bars ...!
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    blueberries, greek yogurt, toasted coconut, almonds, honey

jAfHbfTl.jpg
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Can you let me know the recipe for these? I LOVE peanut butter and am always looking for inspiration for protein bars ...!

I'm tweaking them a bit, but I will give you what I did so far. It is my first attempt at protein bars, so take this recipe and fix it however you need.

2 cups oats
    .5 cup mixed rolled grains (just for some extra flavor besides oats)
    1/2 cup almonds (I use slivered)
    3 tbs honey
    3 tbs agave nectar (or just use 6 tbs of honey instead)
    6 tbs peanut butter
    ~2 scoops protein powder (I used 9 tbs of plain whey, but going to use more next time)
    and any additionals...I added 2 oz of toffee peanuts

Toast oats and almonds in a skillet for a few mins, this step is optional. In a saucepan heat the peanut butter with the honey and agave until well mixed. Stir the protein powder into the oats and then pour the wet ingredients over the oats. At this point, I added a little under 1/4 cup of water into the mixture to make it easier to mix. Press this mixture into a baking dish (I put plastic wrap into mine so they are easier to remove), you want to press it down into the pan for about a minute so that you don't end up with granola instead of granola bars. Refrigerate for an hour and you're good to go! They aren't too sweet, and not grainy from the protein powder.

Mine made 16 servings, and were 171 calories per. Carbs-19, Fats-7, Protein-9

Next time I'm adding cocoa powder and more protein powder. Possibly more peanut butter as well. I used this recipe and messed with it to make my bars. http://www.inspiredtaste.net/21462/soft-and-chewy-granola-bars-recipe/