Vitamix blender

Options
So, I went to the fair last weekend and found myself walking out with a vitamix blender. So far it's great. I make a vegetable shake each morning before going to work with tomatoes, spinach, carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper and then add a shot of tabasco and blend away.
Just wondering if anyone out there has some other recipes they use on a constant basis. I am down 9 pounds since started MFP a month ago, the weight loss is slow, but atleast it's coming off. I know I can reach my goal!! Hoping anyone out there can share their favorite recipes!! Thanks!!
Keep up the great work everyone.. We can do this!!
Michelle

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I use it regularly...sometimes several times in a day.

I make salad dressings, soups (taco soup from the vitamix website is a favourite), peanut and hazelnut butter, almond flour, smoothies, frozen banana "ice cream" (take two frozen bananas, a tablespoon or two of peanut butter, and a spoon of unsweetened cocoa powder....demolish until creamy....heaven).

Another favourite is a veggie dip: a container of nonfat cottage cheese, a few tablespoons of pesto and blend until smooth. (sometimes I have to add a bit of yogurt to it to make it less solid).

I've rarely gone wrong trying a recipe from their website. HTH.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I would love a vitamix, but I can't find one anywhere!!! I make smoothies with apple and spinach, it's a great way to get more greens.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I would love a vitamix, but I can't find one anywhere!!! I make smoothies with apple and spinach, it's a great way to get more greens.

Some health food stores carry them, as do professional restaurant supplies. I think you can even order them directly from vitamix. I have the Vita-prep (the professional model). I got it for my birthday two years ago. Best. present. ever!