PLATEAU frustration (venting)

Options
I'm at another plateau. It's so frustrating. I feel as if I shouldn't even complain, because I am actually at my "goal weight" that I had set for myself! Now that I'm at it though, I feel as if I need to lose another 3-4lbs. I can't break through, tho. I've tried switching up my workout, eating more, eating less, doing 2 workouts a day, taking rest days. Nothing that has worked in the past is working this time. It's times like this that I WISH I wasn't more fussy than a 2 year old! If I liked salads/healthy foods then I'd just make sure my "diet' was on point, BUT, either I just plain don't like fruits/veggies OR the ones I like the taste of...their textures make me gag. Meh.

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Hey.... boy do I hear this noise sister!

I too am slightly under my goal weight and am trying to lose a few more vanity pounds as part of a fitness challenge. I tried everything I could think of too to break the plateau. Here is what works for me...

Just forget about switching things up for a while, be consistent with what you do and eventually you'll lose a bit more. Very slowly but you'll get there.

What has worked like a charm for me was to take one or even two nights during a week. Not ever week mind you but maybe once a month and carb up. Meaning, graze for a long while (not binge), but graze or pick on things like popcorn, healthy grains/crackers, cereal, etc. stay away from the sugary stuff. I do this like a half hour or so or even right before bed. Sometimes I have some jerky to get some protein in me too for overnight. I always wake up a few inches thinner and my metabolism just roaring in the morning and throughout the day. Be prepared to feel extra skinny, light and HUNGRY the next day tho... the trick is to get back to your normal routine the very next day and not to overeat. Good luck!
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My plateau happened and made me NUTS for a couple weeks.
    Then I decided to eat back less of my workout cals. The problem was likely that the treadmill was overestimating my burn, which everyone says, but I never want to hear :)
    On top of that, I upped my protein by about 10% a day and I think that was the other big factor. Carbs (for me) are an obsession, and I've gotten them down to 30% of my daily intake. Whether this was all circumstantial, I don't know. But I am right back on track losing a pound a week again since making those couple of changes.