digestion

Options
borjanap
borjanap Posts: 232 Member
Is it possible that after not having something for a long time your body has a hard time digesting it.?

I had a sausage today. It was so good :) ... but.. I am feeling horrible now(I dont eat much red meat..every now and then in small quantities). I swear its in my esophagus still. lol. I drank some tea to help settle my stomach but it still has not helped.

Any suggestions.

Replies

• borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that after not having something for a long time your body has a hard time digesting it.?

I had a sausage today. It was so good :) ... but.. I am feeling horrible now(I dont eat much red meat..every now and then in small quantities). I swear its in my esophagus still. lol. I drank some tea to help settle my stomach but it still has not helped.

Any suggestions.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When I eat something that my body isn't used to, like fried food, my stomach does twists and turns. I also don't have a gall bladder, so sometimes digestion for me is another story :)
  • fit_amy
    fit_amy Posts: 41
    Options
    I think it is possible! I am not a nurse or anything--just using my own experience. I have been a vegetarian since 97 and sometimes I KNOW when I've eaten something that has chicken or beef stock in it even though I've been told otherwise. My stomach cramps up and my back starts to ache. At first I thought it was really weird for my back to ache, then I realized my 'filtering organs' around my back were probably working overtime trying to figure out what in the heck to do with the foreign substance.

Once when it was really bad I took some liquid medicine and it helped. I can't think of the name of it... It is VERY sugary (like I think it's straight sugar) and it's in a small bottle with a white label and a little rainbow on it. I THINK it's called Emetrol or something like that?

Let's see... you could also try sugared ginger pieces. Ginger is really good for digestion and calming the stomach... Sometimes soda water with lime helps me when I am having stomach problems too.

Hope this helps and you feel better soon!
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    i used to love pizza once in a while, and now even the thought of it makes me ill!
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Once when it was really bad I took some liquid medicine and it helped. I can't think of the name of it... It is VERY sugary (like I think it's straight sugar) and it's in a small bottle with a white label and a little rainbow on it. I THINK it's called Emetrol or something like that?
    It is called Emetrol. I took it when I was pregnant for nauseau(SP?). I had to put it in Sprite b/c it was too sweet.

You might want to try gas x or an antacid. Fatty meat products make me feel like I'm having a stroke or a heart attack. One time it was so bad one night I went to Urgent Care, only to find out I just needed gas x , talk about feeling like an idiot. :laugh:
    Seriously, when I eat something that isn't good for me that I don't normally eat I do get indigestion. Gas X works in like 20 minutes:laugh: