MFP Newbie - looking for support to help lose 50lbs

Options
Hello MFP community, I am new to the website and I am looking for accountabilities friends to help me in my journey to lose 50lbs. I will be a great support system for you as I am hoping you will be for me. My strength is working out, my hurdles are restricting my diet. I rather workout for 2 hours, than pass up a good piece of cheesecake. My trainer said 60% of weight loss comes from diet and 40% from working out. I desperately need to get on board with the 60% requirement. Ready to change my life and lose this weight.

Any support will be appreciated.

Val:smile:

Replies

• hmdavis
    Options
    welcome to MFP! It takes time to change your lifestyle, and your diet. Don't be too hard on yourself, just keep working towards the goal, good luck!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Val! You've come to the right place. You will find everybody here very supportive and helpful. I started my journey to lose 64 pounds not long ago. I have already lost 6 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend and hopefully we can motivate each other to stay strong with the workouts and even stronger with the cravings.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I'd be happy to support you on this....I noticed your emotional eating post and I'm very much the same. I used to be worse! I'm fairly okay now.

You are the opposite of me, I've gained and lost 60lbs many times using mostly diet, very little exercise. I'm as unmotivated to exercise as you are to eat right so maybe we make a good match?

I also have about 50lbs to lose!

I'm going to add you as a friend and keep up with you on your profile! I'd appreciate if you could do the same and if you see me doing no exercise, feel free to grill me on what the hell I think I'm doing!
  • stacy2677
    Options
    Welcome,

I am new here as well (a week). I started following weight watchers about a month ago with my mother. I found this web site on my cell phone and thought that I would give it a try. I lost 4 lbs in my first week. I can tell you I would also rather eat a peice of cheese cake but I found thru weight watchers so many yummy desserts that are just as good but less calories. One being a strawberry mousse. If you need some recipes let me know, I would be happy to pass them on. Diet is hard. Before I started this I was not eating fruits and veggies on a regular basis, now I do. I also noticed and express this to many people that I now understand why a lot of people dont eat healthy. Its so exspensive. My mother and I plan our meals weekly. So I go grocery shopping every sunday. We spend anywhere between 100-150 each time, but I think it so worth it. A good web site to go to is hungry girl. If you have any other questions please message me. I have a goal of 65 lbs. Good Luck on your journey
  • willowayers
    Options
    I see u have lots of poeple replying to u with great advice, i thought i would say hi too; also tell ya u can do it as long as u really want to. ur head and heart need to have the same goal. i have a very long way to go i have lost over 50 LBS i did lose 90 years ago with weight watchers and an inflamed thyroid helped me find it and then some back. i found this site tracking is very important as long as u track and excersize u should have no problems. except thoughs cravings i have those demons also we all do. i too am here for you. u may add me if u like
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose 50 pounds and woud be happy to offer support and encouragement to you! :drinker:
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support on this weightloss journey. I know we can do it. We just have to make it a priority in our life and keep the desire fresh in your hearts.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    It's nice to be among people who are so like-minded. I'm finished eating/logging for the day and feeling fairly positive!
    Yay!