Wake up late, eat breakfast or wait till lunch?

Options
So sometimes I wake up at 9am or 10am. I always have my lunch at 12.
I always wait till 12 to eat lunch even if I wake up late. I get Crazy Hungry like at 11 when this happens.

When I wake up at 7-8, I do eat a little breakfast.

So do you guys think I should eat breakfast when I wake up at 10am and then lunch at 12 or just wait till lunch?

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Whatever you feel like. I eat when I'm hungry.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Do it however you like. When I sleep in, I usually do eat breakfast as usual and then just have a later lunch.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    eat if you're hungry at 10. Otherwise eat at 12. As long as you're in a deficit, you'll lose. Calories don't wear watches or care what time it is.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    eat if you're hungry at 10. Otherwise eat at 12. As long as you're in a deficit, you'll lose. Calories don't wear watches or care what time it is.

You are correct, sir. :wink:
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    when you are hungry eat, when you are full stop.
    thats my philosophy.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The first meal you eat of the day is actually breakfast because you are breaking your fast from being asleep and not eating. What you choose to eat and how long after waking that you eat is a matter of personal preference. Your body really doesn't care.
  • ddixon503
    ddixon503 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    IMHO, breakfast is the first meal of the day and not a meal at some arbitrary time on the clock. If you get up at noon and eat, that's really breakfast (my take - not gospel). How tied are you to always calling your noon meal lunch? Ideally, you should be somewhat hungry when you away. Even if it's just a piece of toast with some type of spread.

If that sounded a bit abrupt, I apologize. Like some have posted before me, I think we tie breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc to specific times of the day. I tend to eat every 2 - 3 hours so my 'lunch' may occur at 10 AM some days and 1 PM on others. It's all relative to when I wake up and consume my first meal of the day.
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I cant just eat when I am hungry.
    I cant tell my boss like. "Hey I am hungry I will go to eat." I will get fired ASAP.
    My lunch brake is at 12(noon) either I eat at that time or when I get out of the job at 5pm
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That's what I do almost every day.... wake up around 9:30, then lunch around 11:30. If I'm hungry, I'll have a hard boiled egg or two, or half a pb&j. I'd just pack a snack to bring to work.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I cant tell my boss like. "Hey I am hungry I will go to eat." I will get fired ASAP.
    My lunch brake is at 12(noon) either I eat at that time or when I get out of the job at 5pm
    ...then eat more when you first wake up? more fat/protein first thing. It'll keep you sated until lunch.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

You could bring some snacks and keep them on you and eat them when you're hungry if you're in a job that would allow for something like that. When I worked in an office I often had some fruit on the desk to snack on.