late night snacks?!

Options
do you ever get the feelings when you crave food? just any food. and you know you're gonna feel guilty the next morning but you dont care? i get that pretty much every night.
so.. what im asking is what are your favorite snacks to eat? whether they are guilty pleasures, or healthy yet tasty, share them please:)

mine are snack-a-jacks, laughing cow cheese wedges, cottage cheese snack pots, special k bars, and anything like that really.
oh, and if i have prepared ahead, FROZEN GRAPES. they are lush. and very healthy:wink:
your turn!

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I always go for chips but am avoiding buying them because I eat too much of them in one sitting.

Cereal - anything kashi since it is filling and crunchy.

Stacy's pita chips with garlic hummus.. mmm soo good! Filling because they are thick and satisfying because of the crunch.

Popcorn!! I love popcorn. Refound it again last night and was so happy because it is yummy and low in calories.
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    I try not to have stuff in the house that is going to wreck my calories... And I do get hungry at night and try not to eat. But if I do I have a Italian ice cup are a sugar free chocalate ice cream. And fruit a apple, peach, nectarine are something low in calories...
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I keep Special K bars hidden in the cupboard for sweet attacks at night. They are 90 calories and taste like fancy rice crispy treats. I also have an air popcorn popper and I love it.
  • sassypants68
    sassypants68 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Late night snacks are so tough for me! I want to eat one every night, and I have to literally talk to myself to tell myself I don't need it! (It doesn't help that I'm diabetic, so the eating will add the calories AND raise my blood sugar.)

I like to eat low carb cereal like Go Lean Kashi or something BAD like Chunky Chips Ahoy in milk. (Just learned there are 80 calories for one of those cookies - yikes!)

I just started eating sugar-free Jell-O with cool whip on top. They taste really good an there's no guilt. I also like sugar-free chocolate pudding and I just bought some Weight Watcher's Ice Cream that I haven't tried yet. I've also been drinking hot water with sliced lemon in it. It sounds weird, but it's nice because it's hot, and it's refreshing with the lemon. If I don't have this, I might have hot tea or diet hot chocolate (I can only find this at Target - only 25 calories and 4 grams of carbs.) This keeps me from eating!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have started eating vitatops! I love them in the toaster! The past couple of nights I have been cutting one up and putting it in a bowl with sliced strawberries and scoop a dark choc sugar free pudding cup on top! Kind of high in calories, aboutt 230 I think, but, when I have some extra, it's a yummy treat!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    I freeze light and fit yogurts. It feels like eating Italian Ice or Frozen Yogurt and it usually takes some effort to eat and takes a long time. It'll keep me feeling like I'm snacking for an hour but then it's only 60 cals.

Ditto the popcorn and frozen grapes as well. For some reason I really dig raw bell peppers at night, especially green ones. But I think that ones just a weird thing I do...
  • sassypants68
    Options
    What's a vitatop?
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    They are 100 calorie muffin tops. I will post the nut. info below.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 muffin (55.0 g)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 100Calories from Fat 13
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 1.5g2%
    Saturated Fat 1.0g5%
    Sodium 140mg6%
    Total Carbohydrates 21.0g7%
    Dietary Fiber 6.0g24%
    Sugars 9.0g
    Protein 3.0g
    Vitamin A 50% • Vitamin C 50%
    Calcium 20% • Iron 50%
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

They are usually found in the freezer section, where the organic frozen food is, usually by the produce section. They have a bunch of diff. flavors also. Here is the actual website http://www.vitalicious.com/allnachvi1.html
  • sassypants68
    Options
    Wow, I'll have to look for them to try. Thank you for all of the information!