Back at it Again

Options
So I have been off and on MFP over the last few years and am back on the horse for about a month or so now. I have a couple of questions. I know weight is not the only thing to look at when eating more healthy, working out, etc.... But I am wondering if I have been eating too few calories. I was on a 1850 calorie plan. I am 5'10.5" and weigh around 212. I have been doing strength training via ActivTrax at my local Y and then doing HIIT workouts at home on the following day. I am doing 5-6 workouts a week. I just recently changed my Macronutrient intake to 30/40/30 Carb/Fat/Protein. I have read a lot and I know everyone is different but I was trying to find a ratio that I could "live" with. My issue is that I want to get down to the 185-190 range, but I am just not seeing any weight loss. Am I eating too few calories? I just went to 2000 at the beginning of this week to see how that affects anything.

Thoughts out there???

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    stick with the 2000 for 5 weeks. at the end of the 5 weeks, if you've lost, you're in a deficit. If you don't lose but don't gain, you know what your TDEE is. If you gain, calculate how much and then do a little math to figure out how much to reduce your intake.

weight/measure all of your food 100% as accurately as you can.
  • kfraz33
    kfraz33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll stay the course.