OWL DIET

Options
I keep seeing billboards for the OWL diet. Or maybe it because I see one every day that I feel like I'm seeing more. Anyway, I find it somewhat annoying now that I looked it up. An Omaha doctor developed the diet for him and his wife because they needed to lose a little weight. Their before and after photos done look terribly different. They lost 40 lbs together. Since it is an 800 calorie a day diet, I wonder what kind of doctor he really is. AND it is really expensive. What little I can find out is very unhealthy sounding. He is probably a doctor in a field that has nothing to do with diet and nutrition.

By the way, OWL stands for Omaha Weight Loss because the doctor is from Omaha. That's all. I keep imaging people picking apart little rodents and birds, eating what owls eat.

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Allow me to translate this OWL Diet webpage -

"I'm an old man who's about to retire, but I didn't plan for my retirement very well. To rectify that, I have invented the latest fad diet, an unsustainable way to lose weight WITH THE AID OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS. Just send me some of your money so that I can fleece you and my wife and I can move to an island. Thanks!"
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Who who who thinks you should just count calories and not waste your money on snake oil?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbgi6icBTB1risusro1_500.gif
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Who who who thinks you should just count calories and not waste your money on snake oil?

Let's not go knocking snake oil now. It's very yummy!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mqbksaLfVu1suxe4jo1_400.gif

one rat a day with three people in your room, staring as you choke it down?

no way man, no way. not even once.
  • _AlabamaSlamma_
    Options
    Honestly, how quickly can you rack up 800 cals on field mice and berries and stuff?

Oh... Wait.....acronym. Gotcha.
  • ClaudiaTheNice
    Options
    I keep seeing billboards for the OWL diet. Or maybe it because I see one every day that I feel like I'm seeing more. Anyway, I find it somewhat annoying now that I looked it up. An Omaha doctor developed the diet for him and his wife because they needed to lose a little weight. Their before and after photos done look terribly different. They lost 40 lbs together. Since it is an 800 calorie a day diet, I wonder what kind of doctor he really is. AND it is really expensive. What little I can find out is very unhealthy sounding. He is probably a doctor in a field that has nothing to do with diet and nutrition.

By the way, OWL stands for Omaha Weight Loss because the doctor is from Omaha. That's all. I keep imaging people picking apart little rodents and birds, eating what owls eat.

We are one mind. My first thought when I saw the topic was 'What, you only eat small mammals you catch by jumping out of a tree and capturing them with your feet?'
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options

"I'm an old man who's about to retire, but I didn't plan for my retirement very well. To rectify that, I have invented the latest fad diet, an unsustainable way to lose weight WITH THE AID OF PRESCRIPTION DRUGS. Just send me some of your money so that I can fleece you and my wife and I can move to an island. Thanks!"

Yes, that did cross my mind as well.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    so let me get this straight. people are willingly paying someone a large sum of money so that they can eat only 800 calories a day ?:laugh:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Who?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    21993137.jpg
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Who?

this.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I already love this thread.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Now I'm wondering what kind of exercise program would accompany this diet.

Ro-ro-rotate-your-owl.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    Does Peyton Manning know about this? OMAHA, OMAHA!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thinking about people shelling out 450$ a month for an old man to watch them starve makes me so sad. It's like the plot to a terrible art student film.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Thinking about people shelling out 450$ a month for an old man to watch them starve makes me so sad. It's like the plot to a terrible art student film.

Will Owl City do the musical score?
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    HurrrrPAMCAKES.jpg