doing the TDEE method

Options
yesterday I figured out my TDEE and a link someone shared showed how to customize your day to reflect that method, so I did, and I was wondering should I still add excersize? someone explained it but a lot of this is still really confusing and i'm not sure im doing it right.

Replies

• Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    track your minutes, but change the calorie burn so it doesnt mess up your "calories left" otherwise it'll look all screwy.
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    Options
    track your minutes, but change the calorie burn so it doesnt mess up your "calories left" otherwise it'll look all screwy.
    thanks. I still don't understand one thing, which is why my TDEE numbers are so much lower than what myfitnesspal gives me. my TDEE is like 2200, MFP gave me a total daily calorie burn from daily activity 3,000
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    yesterday I figured out my TDEE and a link someone shared showed how to customize your day to reflect that method, so I did, and I was wondering should I still add excersize? someone explained it but a lot of this is still really confusing and i'm not sure im doing it right.

If you go TDEE,
    Those calories account for exercise.

So if your goal is to lose weight, then you should take TDEE - 10% or 20%
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    On the TDEE, you do not eat back your calories if you accounted for them in your calculations. While with MFP, you do.
  • goku89
    Options

If you go TDEE,

thanks...but to be honest, id feel better if MFP could just do it instead of editing and customizing everything, I like putting in excersize and seeing the numbers
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

If you go TDEE,

thanks...but to be honest, id feel better if MFP could just do it instead of editing and customizing everything, I like putting in excersize and seeing the numbers

Well you can go either route....
    Whatever works for you.

I myself, prefer TDEE method and then tweak my numbers based on results I am seeing and what my goals are.
  • goku89
    Options
    I like MFP better. and I figured it out so everything makes sense and I don't have to edit and customize and all that.