Just starting, new friends welcome and appreciated!

Options
I'm always terrible at these things, it makes me feel like I'm online dating, haha!

Well, I'm 25, 5'7, currently at 160. This is the heaviest I've ever been and I definitely feel it, especially having a physically strenuous job. My goal weight is 127, but knowing that muscle weighs more than fat, I want to be able to fit into my size 2 dresses again! I've done a fair bit of travelling throughout Europe and I've accumulated some beautiful pieces for my wardrobe, but can't fit my now lumpy body into them :(

First and foremost, I want to be healthy, lean, and fit. I needed to do something to jump start the weight loss so I'm doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 (pulled a muscle the first day, skipped the second day, but no more excuses!). I'm also a vegetarian, and want to do lower carb. I do like to drink, so I think that will be my biggest challenge for empty calories since my alcohol tolerance is quite high. Any tips or pointers there? I'm thinking if I do vodka+water+lime that should be lowest cal?

I'm heading to California at the beginning of April and I'm hoping I can lose at least 10 pounds by then so I can rock a swimsuit! Any other tips from folks to jump-start weight loss?

Last year I ended up in the hospital from ketone poisoning after doing the master cleanse, and I'm amazed it still gets such good reviews. It was one of the worst things I've experienced!

Anyway, I'll leave it there. I'd love to meet more vegetarians, folks doing ripped in 30, ladies in the same boat..anyone really! I'm very stubborn and could use the outside moral support since all of my friends would just let me give in, haha

Replies

• FaileBashere
    FaileBashere Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey there! We have basically the exact same goals. I'm 25 next month and I'm a little less than 160lbs but I'm only 5' tall so it's a bit more on me. Feel free to add, I'm new and need all the friends i can get! Oh and I'm not doing ripped in 30 but I'm doing Jillian michaels 30 day shred.