Bananas and eggs yay or nay?

Options
Some people say eat bananas they are healthy and some say don't they are fattening. Which one is it, I am trying to lose weight.

Also, I can't get a clear answer on egg whites or whole eggs. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    What ever fits in your calories and macros. For me, that would be bananas and whole eggs.
  • TwirleySlims
    Options
    I eat both as they are more filling & keep me full longer! :bigsmile:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 eggs minimum per day and at least 2 bananas usually....so I obviously go with Yay! :)
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bananas and eggs are tasty! I enjoy them almost everyday. Everything in moderation!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bananas and eggs, love them both so I have to say yea.

If they fit in with your calorie allowance then why not?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The entirety of the obesity epidemic is due to bananas and eggs. If people would just lay off the bananas and eggs and drink more sodas and eat more candy bars, everything would be peachy....
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Look up Freelee the Banana Girl then tell me if bananas are fattening or not.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes to both bananas and eggs.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    2 of the best things on earth!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Mix them together for a banana omelet "pancake" that seems to be all the rage these days
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    All those fat people, eating bananas and eggs.

I keep a bunch of them, and a dozen hard boiled of the other.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits your goals. People argue you should stay away from bananas because they have more calories than most fruits and they are loaded with sugar - but they are fruit, and they provide you with vitamins and potassium. And they're delicious. So if you like bananas, eat them! They make shakes creamy and frozen ones are a great snack when you crave ice cream!

People will tell you egg yolks are bad for you because of fat and cholesterol, but there's no real evidence that those things are bad for you and egg yolks are filled with nutrients. When I make eggs, I have a mixture of whole eggs and egg whites so that I get the extra protein from the egg whites.

Just remember that there's nothing you need to cut out. Obviously, log faithfully and stay within your calorie goals if you are trying to lose weight, but take a look at your nutrition reports - you want to be usually getting enough fat, protein, fiber and micronutrients (vitamins, calcium, etc.) Aside from that, eat what energizes you, keeps you full, and makes you happy!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Eat them both.

Egg yolks are good for you and you should eat them. (A bit gross if you think of the poor little chicken foetus, but no grosser than eating egg whites...or the poor little chicken, so definitely go for it.)
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Some people say eat bananas they are healthy and some say don't they are fattening. Which one is it, I am trying to lose weight.

Also, I can't get a clear answer on egg whites or whole eggs. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Bananas....nay, because they are the only food that give me bad heartburn. Eggs....yay, because it is a myth that they cause high cholesterol. People who have high cholesterol for other reasons might have to watch their egg yolk intake, but since I don't, well....I don't......:o).
    Whole eggs btw.....but I understand those who want the protein without the high cal cholesterol for calorie purposes.
    No food is in and by itself " fattening "......only if you overeat them in amounts that do not support activity, weight loss or maintenance......
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I ate a banana an omelet and an egg patty today! Delicious and within my calories!
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Eat them both.

Egg yolks are good for you and you should eat them. (A bit gross if you think of the poor little chicken foetus, but no grosser than eating egg whites...or the poor little chicken, so definitely go for it.)

Why would you think of a " poor little chicken " when eating what is usually an unfertilized egg ?
    But I agree, if a person is not high cholesterol prone egg yolks do not do any harm and are beneficial for good health.
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Eat all the eggs!

Eat bananas like they grow 'em on trees!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    The only way I have seen bananas served with eggs was with both fried on top of rice, so that might be a no-go breakfast unless you are really on the go the rest of the day.
  • smand2000
    Options
    Look up Freelee the Banana Girl then tell me if bananas are fattening or not.

Please don't do this.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Both in moderation. I usually eat 1/2 banana on toast with PB--yum.