Seltzer Water

MTDork87
MTDork87 Posts: 205
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey,

So I don't like the "taste" of water so I drink Seltzer like a fiend. I used to do lots of juices too but since joining MFP and getting serious about toning down sugars in my diet, I've been drinking almost exclusively seltzer. All was well and good until this past weekend when my boyfriend's cousin mentioned something in passing about how too much Seltzer (CO2 in particular) could be bad for you.

Has anyone else heard/know about this?

Replies

• wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    No, i think you are good. I just tried to google it and nothing bad popped up. :D
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Hi slm33!

I don't know how true that is. Is it just palin setzer you are drinking or flovored. If flavored don't forget about the hidden sugars unless it is sugar free. I have found that I can drink tons of water. I really don't drink anything else for the most part. Have you tried putting some lemon juice (pure lemon juice) into water. I find that helps too when I need a little extra umf. Also drinking water with lemon helps you with weight lass as well. And mine has to be cold cold. Also try unsweetened iced tea (decaf is better than caf, but it still works for me). I was never a real juice drinker or soda for the most part. My one weakness is Mt. Dew and I haven't had that even diet in months. Good luck!! And from what I see you are doing great!!!!!!! 23 lbs isn't anything to shake a stick at.
  • wan2b21 - Thanks so much! Wiki answers to the rescue!

boomsmom - I don't know where my boyfriend's cousin got that from. I only drink plain seltzer - artificial sweeteners make me a little sick since it's been almost 8 months since I've had anything really sugary - but maybe I'll try the lemon juice with water. It's a pain that I can't just drink water like a normal person, and it probably wastes a lot of my money since I buy 5-6 two liter bottles of seltzer a week at the least. And thanks for the encouragement! 12 lbs ain't so shabby yourself!
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    I pretty much drink seltzer exclusively as well, drinking some right now in fact lol! I'd be pretty crushed if there is something unhealthy about it...
This discussion has been closed.