AM Workouts vs PM Workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I work out at 5:30 AM. If I wait until after work, the gym is too crowded and I'm not likely to be able to get to the squat rack or power cage within a reasonable amount of time.
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in the evenings...but I was never consistent.
    I would miss a workout because I was tired, had a stressful day, got invited to do something else, didn't have the energy, wanted to spend time with my family instead, the excuses went on and on.

Finally started working out in the morning and all the excuses went out the door: not tired, just woke up; not stressed, just woke up; invited to something else? not at 4 in the morning!; no energy...just woke up; want to spend time with my family, they're still asleep anyways.

Now, I am much more consistent. I get up, have energy, get my work out done, have more energy during the day and go home after work to spend time with my family knowing I already kicked my booty that morning. :)
  • jjking54
    jjking54 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do it in the afternoon, right after work. I just pack my gym bag and go straight to the gym from work. I've found that this has worked well for me. Doing it in the morning doesn't work because I get up early for work and have to be in early.

Same.

My gym is in the same building as my office. Right after work I walk downstairs to the gym, do my time, shower and then head home. Helps me unwind after work and if I have stress I work it out at the gym.
  • carla113
    carla113 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    With 2 very busy, active kids who have their own activies, I've become a staunch supporter of the morning workout. It ensures that I get it in, as my motivation wanes during the day (as mentioned by an earlier poster). Also, you never know what kind of situation can pop up after work (a forgotten ball practice, mom stopping in, etc.).
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your replies, guys! My body is still adjusting to the AM battle I put it through but I'm looking forward to reaping the benefits. Here's to sticking to your goals by finding what works for you!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out in the early morning, because not only do I get my exercise out of the way, it's also pretty empty so I don't have to wait to use machines or weights.
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    AM workouts. Try between 5am-7am, or sometimes no later than noon. Too many of the much younger generation, seems some need adult supervision even though they're supposed to young adults.
  • huneydrop
    huneydrop Posts: 84
    Options
    Morning! It's the only way to be 100% sure it will get done! As the day goes on not only does motivation wane but things come up that you have to deal with.
    For those saying they can't get up earlier I ask you is it really that much easier to get up at 6 than 5? No. And that's what I tell myself to get my butt outta bed, no point staying in bed, I'll feel just as tired in an hour so might as well get up. And I always feel so much better throughout the day.
    And the evening is all mine :)
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Generally morning because workouts a night keep me from sleeping well.

This...

Evening workouts tend to keep me awake at night, and I have a hard enough time sleeping as it is.