Stretch marks

Options
I gained 45 pounds being pregnant with my son. I lost all the weight but now have some stretch marks. I know I cant get them to go away completely but any tips on fading them??? Im 119 and would like to wear a bikini!

Replies

• walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    They fade with time but I have had no luck with any products etc
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    so wear a bikini...
  • TMagical
    TMagical Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sadly, the only thing that worked (some) for me was time...and a little tanning. although a friend had more permanent results with a tummy tuck (not feasable on my budget) and supposedly Kim Kardashian had them lasered away (again, not on my budget)

They aren't the cutest and the first time back in a 2 piece for me was a test of wills but honestly, once I got over it I was fine. and they really will fade.
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You could try DermaDoctor Shrinking Beauty or Palmers Stretch Marks Lotion
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You earned your stripes.
    Wear them with love and pride :happy:
  • popshoveit
    Options
    Time fades them.
    That's about it.
    I have a thousand of them and I still rock a bikini! Don't worry.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    So I dont have kids, but have stretch marks..lol ...my mom since I grew up swore on the powers of Aloe Vera (straight from the plant) . If you look up aloe vera for skin, it has over 200 wonderful healing vitamin properties. My grandma used it on her face everyday since I could remember and she died at 80 without wrinkles ( I am NOT exxagerating).

So long story short..ive used them on my arms for stretch marks an they were remarkably reduced ..were red and now are a lighter white..i can only imagine if i keep it up they may even go away.

Oh yeah..aloe vera produces new cells .its like a natural botox for the fce!! wooo..who knew my mom and grandmas old school ways had any relevance!! :)
  • FearlessEquestrian
    FearlessEquestrian Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    So I dont have kids, but have stretch marks..lol ...my mom since I grew up swore on the powers of Aloe Vera (straight from the plant) . If you look up aloe vera for skin, it has over 200 wonderful healing vitamin properties. My grandma used it on her face everyday since I could remember and she died at 80 without wrinkles ( I am NOT exxagerating).

So long story short..ive used them on my arms for stretch marks an they were remarkably reduced ..were red and now are a lighter white..i can only imagine if i keep it up they may even go away.

Oh yeah..aloe vera produces new cells .its like a natural botox for the fce!! wooo..who knew my mom and grandmas old school ways had any relevance!! :)

I will have to look into Aloe Vera! I have no kids, but have stretch marks on my belly from putting on weight a little to fast! I am in the losing process now though, so feeling good! I usually rub this scar oil I got from a gypsy fair on the, it has heaps of vitamins in it, and it was doing okay :)
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You earned your stripes.

This :flowerforyou:
  • sarah5893
    sarah5893 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    bio oil should help!!! it's not too expensive either :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Just time!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options

I will have to look into Aloe Vera! I have no kids, but have stretch marks on my belly from putting on weight a little to fast! I am in the losing process now though, so feeling good! I usually rub this scar oil I got from a gypsy fair on the, it has heaps of vitamins in it, and it was doing okay :)

I am homeopathic. So before any product I will try somthing natural,especialy cuz I dont know how a product will react to my skin. I figure if its natural it wont do damage (jsut my thinking). Aloe vera is amazing. My mother also uses it and though she is 63, you would never guess...... Just research "aloe vera on face" or "aloe vera for skin"...you will be amazed. I PROMISE. :) good luck.
  • SouthernMommy11
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • Jade0529
    Jade0529 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    No matter what you put on your skin, you can't put skin that has stretched back together again. They do fade,but they will still be there. I have so many stretch marks it's not funny. Some are really wide because my skin stretched so much, but whatever. I still have every right to wear a bathing suit and so do you!
  • leighann881
    Options
    I have them. I don't even notice them anymore but they are there... Two kids that I love caused them. I still rock a bikini
  • CDogg17
    Options
    You earned your stripes.

Listen to this girl!
  • gretchenhill
    gretchenhill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    They will fade in time. Just be patient.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I had full term twins (roughly 13lb of baby). I have some UH-MAZING stretch marks, but when I at the weight I want to reach, I will be wearing a bikini. Because I can. :-) You should too.
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I recently read that coconut oil can help, I've also heard of people putting lemon juice on them. I haven't tried either one, so I'm not sure if either work. I have tried store bought products and they do not work!
  • HelmaTO
    HelmaTO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    They are your warrior stripes, wear them with pride :) Just look at your child and think that is what you got them for. I just had my 2nd 4 months ago, and I've got them and I am sure will always have them. One thing to always remind yourself of: who really looks perfect in a bathing suit? NOBODY! Nothing wrong with some stretch marks though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!