We need your Help!

Options
All you have to do is Shop.

Ok So My husband and I are trying to adopt a baby. Wow is that expensive! So we have been looking for ways to raise the needed money and came across this site it is great.

Please Check it out and help us out in the process.

The idea with iGive is that everyone shops and most of us do it on line.

So if you're buying something already then why not help us get the money we need to adopt our baby? There is no extra cost you just go to
http://www.iGive.com/shipadopt and register for free then shop your favorite stores and travel sites(there are literally hundreds) and they donate a percentage of your purchase (some donate up to 26%) to our adoption.

Please pass this onto friends and family!

Raynel

http://www.iGive.com/shipadopt

Replies

• rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is Shop.

Ok So My husband and I are trying to adopt a baby. Wow is that expensive! So we have been looking for ways to raise the needed money and came across this site it is great.

Please Check it out and help us out in the process.

The idea with iGive is that everyone shops and most of us do it on line.

So if you're buying something already then why not help us get the money we need to adopt our baby? There is no extra cost you just go to
    http://www.iGive.com/shipadopt and register for free then shop your favorite stores and travel sites(there are literally hundreds) and they donate a percentage of your purchase (some donate up to 26%) to our adoption.

Please pass this onto friends and family!

Raynel

http://www.iGive.com/shipadopt
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Adopting is expensive? I didn't know there were fees involved... But maybe things are different here in Canada. Good luck with the adoption! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • rayneenie
    Options
    Adopting is expensive? I didn't know there were fees involved... But maybe things are different here in Canada. Good luck with the adoption! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    Oh Yeah to adopt an infant here in the states is expensive.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Only through a private company. They aren't selling the babies but they are still making huge profits. You can adopt through your state free to little cost. There are charities that will pick up the legal fees that the state doesn't. In fact many states pay you to adopt. But that is only if you qualify. They try to make sure they place children with families that are safe and will last. With parents that are healthy and able to care emotionally and physically for that child. Doesn't cost anything in my state except for a few legal fees for birth certificate, notary, court filing but again the state covers most of that and charities will foot the rest and there are attorneys who will handle it pro bono.
  • rayneenie
    Options
    Only through a private company. They aren't selling the babies but they are still making huge profits. You can adopt through your state free to little cost. There are charities that will pick up the legal fees that the state doesn't. In fact many states pay you to adopt. But that is only if you qualify. They try to make sure they place children with families that are safe and will last. With parents that are healthy and able to care emotionally and physically for that child. Doesn't cost anything in my state except for a few legal fees for birth certificate, notary, court filing but again the state covers most of that and charities will foot the rest and there are attorneys who will handle it pro bono.
    In NC (and most states) you can only do this with children waiting in foster care. This is because they want to encourage people to take the older kids who are being left behind. Trust me if We thought we had a situation that was healthy for a child who has been in the system that would be the route we would take. However we live a military life and it is not a stable one, there are deployments, frequent moves, new schools, loss of friends and the frequent change in doctors and other professional services. We just don't think it is fair to take a child who has been uprooted so many times already and who most likely has issues that they need to work through and put them in a home that is going to toss them around some more. Then you have the set backs of having to change counselors and doctors so frequently (cause if we don't PCS the Doc will at some point). So we are doing a domestic infant adoption which in almost every state has huge fees that go along with it. There are many thins that do off set the cost but most do no kick in until after the adoption and they only cover a portion of that cost. That does not take into account that many mothers require financial assistance in order to live a healthy pregnant life.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yes it will be hard for a military family to adopt because of a stability issue. Also they take into consideration the parents health. A case that made national news here in my area they would not allow an aoption because the husband was morbidly obese. China and a few other Countries have also imposed weight and age restrictions as well in late 2007.
    Trust me, working for the ____ states want kids adopted. There are hundreds of babies in most state eligible for adoption but because people want babies they have really strict guidelines and that is for the best. But also trust me that if you do qualify through your state, money alone will not be the restriction in getting a child. But private adoptions are not as restrictive and we all see the horrors of that in the media. The truth is with the right amount of money, at least 10 grand ANYONE can get a baby in private adoptions. Whether overseas or even online. I just attended a seminar on human trafficking and they enlightened on the number of babies illegally adopted/sold in the US alone. The guidelines might make it hard but it is for a reason. Like your profile says-you are worried about dying-and the caseworker in a state adoption would be worried for your health too. I know you will be a good mom, just don't give up on trying to meeth the guidelines for a state adoption, and keep your heart open to an older child too. There are hundreds of little one's looking for a mom like you. And I will make this promise that if you consider a state adoption, and take the classes and qualify- I personally will make sure you have no fees associated with the adoption to worry about. It means that much to me that kids find good homes and good parents find kids to love.
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Everyone I've talked to wanting to adopt a BABY says its very expensive. We have a couple in our church that had been waiting several years, but a few months again brought home their little boy. God will bring the child perfect for your family. In the meantime just keep working on getting fit and healthy so that when the time comes you will be able to be exactly the kind of mother you want and need to be. We'll be praying for you and the next time I shop online I'll check that site out. All the best.:flowerforyou:
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to wish you good luck with the adoption. I know it can be difficult process but stay positive and it will all work out. It will be worth it too!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rayneenie
    Options
    just bumping it up so everyone gets a chance to see it and get shopping