I have a doubt

Options
Hello, I would like to know if after I reach my ideal weight, I could go back to eating from 1800-1900 calories per day, keeping the weight?

Today I'm doing a diet of 1200-1400 calories.

I was planning on going increase of 100 in 100 on wekk after reaching the ideal weight.

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    You have it right on. Once you get to a weight you are happy to maintain, slowly increase your calories. Add 50-100 calories per day to your diet one week at a time.

A small amount of rebound weight is likely in the first week or two as your body adjusts but will level out after that. Then just keep it slow and steady until you get to a point that the scale starts to move upward again and you know where your new caloric limit is.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Tell MFP that you weigh your goal weight and tell it to keep you at maintenance and it'll give you an estimation of your maintenance calories (not including exercise). If that's not enough food for you, you'll either need to plan regular exercise (healthy for you!) or figure out how to eat less.

Then of course set your weight and goals back to where they are now.
  • caioincau
    caioincau Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! MFP tell me 2600 calories right now(if I want to maintain), but i`m overweight(1,90m 101kilograms), going to 87, thanks for the help.