rocky mountain newb

Options
Hey I'm Jake!
So, I started watching what I eat and exercising almost a week ago. I started at about 227, and I'm currently around 225. My short term goal is to be below 220. I got up to probably around 280 in highschool and art school. At one point I got down to 220 so thats the lowest i've been since i passed that point in probably 7th or 8th grade. I live in the mountains, I'm an avid mountain biker and raft guide in the summer and an avid skier and snowmobile guide in the winter, so I'm pretty active, but I tend to eat too much, especially late at night.... which is bad. So given my active lifestyle and my lack of attention to my diet i pretty much plateaued at around 230. My "ideal weight" is in the 184-195 range, so my long term goal is 195. I also want to run a sprint triathlon in the spring, so thats another goal of mine. I already run and bike, so I just need to work swimming into my routine.

ANYWAY... found this app on the iphone, its pretty awesome. Its very reassuring to track my calories and exercise, and know that I'm doing everything right. Nice to meet you all, I look forward to giving and receiving lots of great inspiration and encouragement!
~Jake

Replies

• LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This place is awesome. It makes me double think about that extra portion of rice, pizza, etc. Plus, you'll get so much support!

Laura
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been here for a few days but I'm addicted already! It's a better addiction then food! :smile: I'm in Colorado also and there's no better place to get in shape! There's so many fun active things to do as you already know! Good luck on your journey!!
  • mountainmanjake
    mountainmanjake Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    YAY COLORADO! I LOVE it here. I'm originally from the east coast. I've been in CO for 3 years, and i'm MUCH healthier and more active... Just need that extra push to get to where I want to be! Thanks for the welcome!
  • Deebo958
    Options
    Hi Jake! Welcome to MFP! I have only been on her about two weeks and am loving it! We can do this together! Love Colorado! My husband finally got me there a few years back and I am in love! Best of luck to you on your journey!