5 foods "you should never eat."

Options
I keep seeing these adds about the 5 foods you shouldn't eat if you want to lose weight; but I've clicked on those links and they never seem to get to the point and tell what those 5 foods are. It's aggravating!! All they show is a rotting banana so I'm assuming that's one of the five. Does anybody out there know what they are.....I'd like to know. One of the others might be corn. Just curious. Thanks.

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Kale, kale, poop, kale, & kale.
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wish they had a TOO FUNNY BUTTON :bigsmile:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    They're not true. I've eaten all the 5 evil things throughout my weight loss. My ticker seems to be reflecting the opposite. What you should focus on is eating mostly nutrient dense foods and then, you can have some discretionary fun calories too. You dont have to cut anything out, just be diligent in logging and eat to your target calorie amount and you'll lose weight :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Funny, I lose weight eating whatever I want....just in much smaller portions.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've never clicked on the link but I'm going to assume the only 5 things you're going to find by following that link are spyware, malware, adware, trojans, and worms.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing these adds about the 5 foods you shouldn't eat if you want to lose weight; but I've clicked on those links and they never seem to get to the point and tell what those 5 foods are. It's aggravating!! All they show is a rotting banana so I'm assuming that's one of the five. Does anybody out there know what they are.....I'd like to know. One of the others might be corn. Just curious. Thanks.

They are ads to get you to a place to drop a bunch of money with fad foods that are bad for you. Ignore this.
  • huneydrop
    Options
    I don't know what the 5 are but I'm guessing they are the ones with the most sugar....... carrots, corn.........what else?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The only foods you should not consume are those that are rotten or foods that you are legitimately allergic/intolerant to. Otherwise, don't worry about it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Anything marked non-fat, diet, low carb, light, or sugar free.

I like food.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    pizza, bacon, ice cream, cupcakes, and doughnuts. *ducks, covers, and runs......*

:wink:
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options

it's an add. it's a scam. it's bs. it's not real. bananas are great. plz ignore it. :P
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I had a rotten banana once.

I survived!
  • cwsreddy
    Options

I like food.

first time we've agreed on something I imagine.
  • cindyst1
    cindyst1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    pizza, bacon, ice cream, cupcakes, and doughnuts. *ducks, covers, and runs......*

:wink:
    NO NO I had pizza last night. Oh man I'm doomed. Seriously I clicked on that link once by accident =) and well it's spam (hey that may be one not to eat) Luckily no virus was found.
    Cindy
  • cwsreddy
    Options
    I don't know what the 5 are but I'm guessing they are the ones with the most sugar....... carrots, corn.........what else?

:frown:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Ignore it. It's just a sales pitch for something else I am sure.
  • blythespirit2
    Options
    Sadly I watched the video (wasting about 20 minutes of my day) to find out it's things like OJ, corn, HFCS and a few other things. It was no big surprise. And, it basically said that people who are overweight eat too much of those things. Duh.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
  • Beet_Girl
    Options
    Trans fats are a never for me
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options

I like food.

Wait, meat is low carb, and I love it! :heart: I love it more with potatoes drenched in butter and sour cream, though. :laugh: